Helmet Repair / Armour Upgrade

IMHO I think you should go ahead and replace it. The clips should be 1" wide, and those look a little smaller. Also, this TD has the rounded button on the top right of the white panel, and the attachment points for the clips protrude from the TD. TK 4702 makes superb kits for not too much money. You may consider this route.

Thanks for the advice, I'll look them up. After some consideration, I think I'm going to go with an ATA helmet, I'm not sure I want to troop around with a fiberglass bucket.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my ATA helmet in. Following the Pandatrooper tutorial, I've trimmed the eyes and teeth out, how do they look?

Ā 

Pulling my paints together and I've seen conflicting info is the vocoder satin black? And the black stripes/detail gloss?

Ā 

Thankspost-15815-134447405517.jpg

Yeah the teeth could use a wee bit more work, the eyes are looking good though !

Ā 

For the vocoder and black striping I used Humbrol gloss 21

Ā 

Heres Billy's handy paint guide :)

Ā 

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

• 2 months later...

A little update I've swapped out the belt for canvas and I've made some more progress on the new lid, I've started painting hopeing to have this done and approved before the end of Nov.

post-15815-0-84838600-1352434648.jpg

Is there a specific number of stripes In need to have in the traps and tears for EIB status? I'm hand painting the lines and i'm seeing different counts. on this helmet (http://www.starwarshelmets.com/original-ANH-hero-Stormtrooper-armor-helmets.htm) I see 7 stripes in the tear and 13 stripes in the trap. OR should I go along with the Pandatrooper layout in his tutorial, 6 in the tear and 13 in trap?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...