Doopydoo E-11's

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, but I know ;)

I'm kind of a veteran model builder(a lot of Forgeworld models) so I know how important it is to have clean surfaces before assembly :)

That'll teach me for being a smart alec!

A question.

As you can see i have bought two different hammer efect spray paint. I would like to use the silver paint first, and then apply a coat of regular black spray. Whadda you guys think? Should I go this way, or will the black hammer effect paint work beter?

It probably isn't a real issue but if you use the hammered black you can have your 'chips' look like regular steel since it was the black paint (mixed with varnish) that created the wrinkle effect on the OG Sterling's. Or if you use both hammered silver and hammered and black you should double up your hammered effect and get a great wrinkle type texture. Then coat that with a normal matt black. I found with my scratch build that somehow the hammered seems to seep a bot through the matt coat and give a really convincing metal effect.

GArh, too late for those paint now... But wil keep that in mind for the pipe build. Thanks Lucas :duim:

All I need is to put in the rear bolt and the makeshift spring I made. The rear bolt is currently drying...

The unpainted bolt

P40300012.jpg

Have painted the silver parts around the trigger group.

P40300032.jpg

P40300044.jpg

The bolt should be ready an in place, within the hour...maybe two as my workspace is occupied by my girlfrind... :blink:

Think I'm done now. Let me know if I missed something ;)

And for now, I'm going to let it weather itself, so wont be doing that.

(Hopefully)Final pics of the E-11 kit.

P40300013.jpg

P40300025.jpg

P40300033.jpg

P40300045.jpg

P40300062.jpg

That IS looking great. :D

The scope might be a little over-weathered compared to the rest, but I think you said it was a real scope, so I can understand if you don't want to mess with that. Maybe weather the blaster itself a bit to make it match?

Hi !

Thank you for all your images.

I'm building my Doopydoos full kit.and you helped me a lot !

Glad to hear that :)

And thanks guys :)

Mathias, I agree with you. I had thought about redoing the paint on the scope, but really dont want to mess with it. Instead I have give the gun some slight weathering with some steel wool.

P4070001.jpg

P4070002.jpg

And theese just came in the door, thanks to Marv, so now I can get going on the pipe build.

P4070005.jpg

I also have a friend looking around for a deactivated sterling for me, so crossing my fingers :icon_beg:

Sometimes something totally random happens, and I had to share this random find with you.

I found this

P4110001.jpg

"Well thats just a spring" you might say, and indeed it is. After some time now, looking for a proper spring or a way to make one for my E-11 i find one at work today. In the bathroom! Just lying on top of a half wall... Make no sense and completely out of place, BUT...

P4110002.jpg

Its a PERFECT fit!!

The random find is the best! Most everything I make I make out of found parts. I'm a dumpster dive junkie...

Just the other day I found 20 sheets of 3ft by 4ft pristine acrylic sheets (with protective paper intact) in a dumpster!

Just the other day I found 20 sheets of 3ft by 4ft pristine acrylic sheets (with protective paper intact) in a dumpster!

:huh::blink::icon_eek::shok:

Well one mans trash is indeed another mans gold!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to Zeroroom I am now underway building the pipe blaster kit.

Hopefully I will be able to get those pesky boba blaster sounds build in.

Must say I love my dremel right now!!

P4290001.jpg

i also working to my pvc thing :P

img9673q.jpg

this is my 2nd pvc blaster experience and this time i went to a thicker pvc pipe because the grey one after cutting on rear will lose the circular shape a bit

i also saved time and didn't complete the holes on the pipe because they will hidden by the rubber srtipes

now i am working with forex on the mag receiver to house 2 Lr123A 3.6v lithum batteries

i am still thinking wich part of the doppydoo blaster i will keep: most proably the handle. the scope and the folding stock.

Yeah I noticed how the pipe bend a little after cutting the "trench" for the loading handle.

Do you have any tips on mounting sounds in a pipe build?

I was thinking of making a hollow hengstler from plasticard, to house the batteries.

But any tips would be greatly apreciated. Speakers, wiring, alternative battery housing. All I have now is the pieces from the Boba blaster, that I intend to somehow squeeze inside.

if you follow this topic i am setting up a kit for sound and light effects with a low cost and open source micro controller

http://www.whitearmo...view=getnewpost

the space needed:

the mp3 mplayer and leds inside the hengster

the 2 batteries inside the mag receiver

the arduino micro controller, the 2 speakers, the little amp board inside the pipe

the 2 microswitch (fire and selector) on the handle

the reload lever should be replaced with a momentary on toggle switch

when i am ready i will release the code to load inside the arduino and a small tutorial to build the circuit

today i added the "44 magnum" fire with reload sound and the "M1 garand" with the empty "ping" and reload sound effects. I also added the single shot. :)

Edited by skyone

Haha damn... I really need to find another place for that thing...

Its a Co2 powered softgun. It made some confusion in my TM build as well, but I'll take it of the table now :)

P4300001.jpg

Edited by Arnie_DK

Garh! The trigger system is really bugging me!!

Any ideas on how to make this work?

The theory was to have the trigger push the rod up into the pipe, and have that push the button on the soundboard.

P4300003.jpg

Any ideas on how to make this work?