Shoulder bell strapping

TKTrev

Hi All,

I was just looking for some advice!

I'm thinking of re-strapping my shoulder bells to make them more accurate and also so they sit better.

I noticed on the original suits there is elastic holding the chest plate to the back plate with the shoulders attached to this with a snap it seems. Is this correct? And if so, what sort of heavy duty glue should I use to attach the elastic to the chest and back? Looks like it'll have to be pretty strong.

Also are the shoulders on elastic too or just webbing?

Shoulders have been my nemesis now on two separate suits! I just want them done properly and forget about them!

Thanks for any help!

put the bells towards the front where they meet the shoulder, not in the middle.

then attach elastic across the bell so that it holds the bicep tight.

then attach elastic from bicep to bell vertically inside.

if everything is in the proper location, then they will sit slightly forward and align with your bicep

placement. the vertical strap helps hold everything horizontally, as well as keeping them up.

I second these both. I do it this way, and it works really well. Make sure the elastic isn't too stretchy, though. If it's too long, then your shoulder bells and biceps are going to be hanging way too low. A half inch is about right for me, but you can size it for you.