Belt question

Hi guys/girls

I got my kit from SDS, but dear Andrew already fixed the ammo belt to the belt proper.

Now i already bought a canvas belt but i was just wondering....Is it ok to have an ABS belt for basic 501st acceptance? (is this a sort of "vinyl" as spoken of in the CRL?)

Cheers from Holland!

There might be a way to take it off the ABS belt and then attach it to a canvas one.

That's what i plan to do but before i try that ( its rivited, i dont want to destroy the ammo belt, and i have no idea how to remove the rivets) i want to know if i can go for 501st basic approval with the belt as it is...

I dont have a photobucket account (yet) , so cant show any photo's (yet)

edit* 'The belt proper is ABS with rivets on three spots where the ammo belt is attached

Edited by Red5

@vern....Thanks for the chigago screws option!! hadn't thought about them (i was planning on using snaps) but they look like they can get the job done nicely!

On ordering from andrew again...his costumer service is fine, as is his armor .... but after reading all about him (his claims) on these forums i'm not so sure i want to sponser him any further....

@mark...i sent my GML mail...thanks!