AP vs. FX for a new recruit?

Hi all!

Quick couple of questions.

I am looking at an AP suit, simply due to my "shortness" (5' 5"), but the price is a bit much (about $800). I could go that high, but I would really like to come in cheaper, if possible. Just wondering if an FX is just as good an option, based on price differences alone?

Also, is an FX suit too tall for someone my height?

The FX can be found in full kit form for ~$600 or so most places. Kits w/o helmet are about $400 shipped, but throwing in a helmet you're back up to at least $600 but more realistically $700. So the price difference isn't quite so large as you might think.

FX for a smaller guy can work, but you'll have to do massive amounts of trimming, and then certain pieces especially the chest/back and belt will still look out of proportion. If you were taller I think FX could work, but given your size I'd suggest funneling the beer/Starbucks fund into getting an AP/RT/TE2, which will more better match your frame.

efreng said:
i say go for the ap if those 2 are your only options..

ef

Thanks guys! Actually, those are the only two I've really investigated.

Daetrin, you mentioned RT and TE2. Are there some comparative resources you can recommend?

This is the AP suit I was looking at :-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

CarolinaNewbie70 said:
Thanks guys! Actually, those are the only two I've really investigated.

Daetrin, you mentioned RT and TE2. Are there some comparative resources you can recommend?

This is the AP suit I was looking at :----------

There are comparative resources all over these boards just do a search ror them mate ;)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed