Instead of working on armor, I meant Dan Aykroyd

RogueTrooper

Yesterday I was going over to help a buddy of mine with his armor build.. Little did I know that we would be getting to meet the legendary comedian and actor Dan Aykroyd........... Mr. Aykroyd is doing a tour to promote his Crystal Head Vodka and was in Charlotte NC 10-21-11 at a liquor store.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_la7qqlCfyu1qcr7fqo1_500.gif

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmg4t59VZQ1qzekdio1_500.gif

This past Thursday night, a local theater, was having a special showing of Ghostbusters, which I saw. Ironically, the very next day as we were preparing to work on drudajedi's armor, we got a call from a buddy of ours, who is an extreme Ghostbuster fan and had just gotten the news that Dan Aykroyd was in town. Our buddy was so excited and nervous that his first 'phone call was "Aykroyd,,,, Charlotte,,,, come now!" The the 'phone went dead.... We called him back to calm him down and to find out what was going on. He was still acting like he was about to have a seizure and told us that Dan Aykroyd was in town for only a few hours to promote his vodka line. I am a big Ghostbusters fan, but not on the same level that my buddy Alex is. It took us about 15 to 20 minutes to get to Alex's house. When we got there, he had his Ghostbusters jump suit on and had loaded up most of his GB memorabilia, from posters to action figures and had his vehicle running with it already in reverse, ready to back out of his drive. He was half way out of his townhouse complex before we could get out doors closed and our seat belts on. We kept asking him, where is Dan Aykroyd going to be? All Alex could say as he was speeding down the highway doing 90 mph was "downtown Charlotte". Charlotte is not a Chicago or New York City, but it is still not a one horse town. As we got closer to the liquor store where Dan was signing, Alex saw the line of people waiting to meet Dan and became panic stricken and was about to jump out of the vehicle to get in line, while leaving myself and Drew in the moving vehicle. Note: to anyone that is going with a frantic fan who wants to meet their favorite superstar, make sure that you don't let THEM drive!!

To make a long story even longer, there were over 400 people there to meet Dan. If you bought one of his bottles of vodka, he was signing them. The autograph was free, but prices of the bottles of vodka ranged from$50 for a fifth, $60 for a liter and $100 for a half gallon and that is actual retail price of his vodka, no mark up. If you bought a case (6 bottles), you would receive his father's (Peter) book, "A History of Ghost". A little trivia note; Bill Murrays character in Ghostbusters was called Peter, in honor of Dan Aykroyd's father and was originally supposed to be played by John Belushi. I didn't think too many people were going to buy the cases since they cost $300 per case for fifths and $360 for a case of liters. But, there were quite a number of people walking out of there with multiple cases.

To make a long story even longer, I was totally unprepared, left my cellphone in my vehicle and Drew did the same, so Alex is the only one with the pix, so I will try to post pix later when I can get up with Alex.

However, I looked on the net at local news sites and found this pic. I am in the first pic in the local article.. well part of me anyway. (I'm the guy on the left, in the grey tee and jeans beside my two friends, Drew is in the middle (Darth Vader hoodie) and Alex is the one in the GB jump suit and Slimer backpack. I felt kind of weird, because I had on my "I work in the Yard and on my vehicle and don't care what it looks" Tee shirt. The other funny thing is that a couple of winos, who wanted to purchase there fifth of "Night Train" asked what the hold up was to get into the liquor store and were we all going to wait in line. :laugh1: We pointed them toward the door where people that were not wanting to meet Akyroyd could go into the store.

Here is his promo video for the Vodka:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Cool story!

We have a few people in the Nordic Garrison with Ghostbusters suits, and a few in progress.

Wonder what Dan Aykroyd would have thought if a whole crew showed up in Ghostbusters outfits, I'd love to see that meeting.