Sterling MkIV - Importation

Hey all!

I've recently found a UK arms dealers that has a deactivated REAL Sterling MkIV for a somewhat reasonable price. However, being in Canada, I'm fearful of the importation of it and all the hoops I'll have to jump through and if it will actually pass through customs... :(

The beauty is on this webstore: http://www.mjlmilitaria.com/

Has anyone imported anything of the likes recently? Any advice from and fellow Canadians or Americans on importation of said deactivated firearm? It's so bloody tempting, but a daunting task... I'd love to have one to use for making my own resin facsimiles or copies out of pipe and sheet metal (and just to say I have a bloody Sterling!)

Yes, I have my POL (Possession & Aquisition License). Yes, I am pretty sure I have a certified importer (fellow I know at a local indoor shooting range). I'm just worried about customs turning it around at the border and am looking for advice.

Cheers!

TK-3484

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

in the usa you can own a demill sterling. in canada you cannot.

a demill sterling has a plug welded into the receiver behind the bolt. not allowing the gun to chamber a round.

the bolt must not be able to cycle though a full firing motion.

the magazine on a sterling needs to be cut down before entering the usa.

unique canes and IMa guns have sterlings available in the USA in the

demill configuration.