Is my helmet centurion ready?

09 ATA helmet, S neck trim and fully hand painted details. The thing i'm worried about the most is the tube stripes, do I need to clean them up any more or are they ok?

DSC00310-2.jpg

DSC00311-2.jpg

DSC00312-1.jpg

DSC00313-1.jpg

DSC00314-2.jpg

DSC00315-1.jpg

The camera I used is kinda old and I was only getting light from the 2 60 watt bulbs up above so the pictures are a little grainy, hopefully I can take some better pics during the day with more natural light.

Edited by kevster

Hi, I don´t speak english, sorry

I used this

I get AP vinyl from my AP armor

I photocopy in papel = then I had a template

I painted transparent vinyl with my template

I removed the blue stripes from transparent vinyl

imagen004z.jpg

imgp1298v.jpg

imgp1300c.jpg

imgp1304i.jpg

imgp1297t.jpg

imgp1305.jpg

I removed transparent vinyl

imgp1308c.jpg

I wipe the excess blue

imgp1319le.jpg

How did you do thos? just curious. Templates? I hate to say, they look like they're on the wrong sides. :(

I did what luis has. They sell stencil sheets at hobby lobby and cut out my own http://www.grafixarts.com/product/Frisket_Film. I got the low tack stuff and I don't know if it was because of that and trying to stick to a curved surface or just a bad product, but i had very very bad bleed under. Some of my stripes were connected together at the tops or bottoms, and also, the paint was drying so fast, by the time i was putting the stencil up, it was peeling the paint up off the edges. So overall it was just a really messy job with to begin with but i did my best to try and clean them up. Now that you mention it jesse, I know what happened, when i was tracing the lines on the stencils, I had to trace on the back paper of the stencil because it wouldn't stick to the stencil part itself. So since I did it on the back, when i go to apply it, it flips it over :wacko: Maybe I could just redo the first few to have more of the curve at top unless they are still ok to pass.

Well, about to head off to the lake with the family for a few days so it will have to wait until i get back, but do ya'll think i would have to redo them all or just fix the first 3 or so towards the front of the helmet? Because it seems like only the front ones are curved out more while the rest are pretty much all lined up. Oh and also, I was kind of curious about the ear rank. Was it ever explained what combination of bumps painted signify the rank? I tried to look into it but i had read that since the TK's were all about uniformity then they didn't show rank on their armor. They have different bumps painted though. I know theres only so much you could do with so few bumps but i would like to think theres some kind of correlation like the TD's and their pauldrons. Lastly, is it required that I have ear rank for centurion?

Edited by kevster

Well, I sanded off the stripes and redid them, they came out pretty gnarly again but here's what i got them down to so far. I also got my ear rank down. Tomorrow I'll try to refine them a little bit more but I can definitely see the difference now that I have them on the right way. The stuff I used is just not all that great, I probably should of gotten the extra tack stuff instead of the low tack.

Before

DSC00317.jpg

DSC00318.jpg

After

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00322.jpg