The different types of Helmets

Ok so I've seen the thread's on the different types of armors pretty much a run down on the pro's and con's of each of them that are out there, but what I have noticed is most people buy the kits and get different helmets. I'm still pretty new at the hole TK armor what I was wanting to know is if someone could do up a thread on the different lids the pro's and con's (meaning look, size, accuracy) of each and pretty much were and who is making them.

Chris

Ok so I've seen the thread's on the different types of armors pretty much a run down on the pro's and con's of each of them that are out there, but what I have noticed is most people buy the kits and get different helmets. I'm still pretty new at the hole TK armor what I was wanting to know is if someone could do up a thread on the different lids the pro's and con's (meaning look, size, accuracy) of each and pretty much were and who is making them.

Chris

Do a few searches and make up your own mind:

"TM helmet"

"CfO helmet"

"ATA helmet"

"AP helmet"

"AM helmet"

"TE2 helmet"

"Si-Man helmet" / "RS Props helmet"

Most (all?) armour suppliers make helmets too.

I think when you say "most people buy the kits and get different helmets" you have seen a few cases of people with the AM kit who have opted to buy a more accurate helmet instead of the one included in the full kit.

The AM (successor fo the FX) has been a round for some time and is not particlarly accurate but provides a great lower-priced kit which can be adapted to a lot of body sizes/shapes.

The helmet is regarded by many as the most important part of the costume and the AM helmet is quite strikingly different to helmets which have been cast from original helmets. That's why many people who purchase an AM armour kit chose to combine it with a different, more accurate-looking helmet.

My observation is that people who have AM/FX armor are the ones getting different make helmets, mostly for screen accuracy purposes. Also, troopers like to match up ABS armor with ABS helmets or HIPS armor with HIPS helmets.

• 2 months later...

the other instance i've seen is for those with greater cranial endowments (aka big heads), the screen accurate helmets can sometimes just plain not fit.

yea, that would be me

I would love to see side by side comparisons. I have yet to see a side view of a an AM bucket. If anyone has one please post.