AP Helmet Build

I am finally upgrading my FX. I have my clone now, and it is time to get the TK to EIB status. Unfortunately, I am not a great painter, but I am trying. I wanted to do this one on my own :)

I got the eyes and teeth cut out. I am working on the paint, and it looks like I need to go a bit higher on the 2nd tooth on both sides to me. What do you all think of the eye cut outs and teeth?

bm2ExFh.jpg

vwpA02Q.jpg

CinKI3z.jpg

Nice helmet to upgrade with. I think it looks fine. Were you building it to resemble a specific trooper in the films? You don't need to be a great painter. If you hand paint your helmet and it looks like decals (like what I did) you probably did it wrong. :D

You might have something here....painting the details BEFORE assembly.

For some reason, I just can't bring myself to do it that way. Change could be a good thing for me. Having ABS helps, too!

The teeth look good. Looks like you still have some plastic to trim around the eyes. You can see it in the top of the eyes in the second picture. Some of the movie used buckets were really trimmed out, I think you'll have to tape up the rest of the helmet to get a sense of what kind of eyes you want.

I painted a together helmet before, and thought it'd be easier to get the vocoder laying flat.

I also thought the eyes needed opened some, but you know how it goes, once you take it off, can not put back LOL! I'll work it a bit.

Photos do not show, but I also rhino-lined the inside while apart.

Oh, I should mention I am building this to go with AM armor. I already have the rivets and details in place. I have the rubber hand guards and TD clips. Just needed the helmet and blaster to go EIB, if not centurion... B)