Question regarding Mic Tips

white, it is just the effect of the flash doing this and also the fact that gloss paint seemed to have been used to paint the mic tips so it is an eye perception trick that is happening... there is no evidence of them being any other color than black and white, nobody here as ever disputed this fact so the chances are slim that they would be of some silverish type color.

my 2cents

Edited by LittleOne

Stars wars helmet said that some helmets may have had the legit real deal tips while most of them had some kind of resin cast or something.

The inside of the tips are white so it is highly improbable that the tips would be silver.

Like it said it is a visual trick…

The gloss paint on the exterior of the mic, the insides being white, the mesh on the tip being silver and the combination of the flash makes it look like it was silver which may have been the intention all along.

Keith Mic tips are the best example of what mic tips are and what they may look like when you paint them properly…

Also have a look at what I did….

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

Stars wars helmet said that some helmets may have had the legit real deal tips while most of them had some kind of resin cast or something.

The inside of the tips are white so it is highly improbable that the tips would be silver.

Yep the inside is white for the resin ones, but look at the Luke Hero helmet, the inside is black ;)

Yep the inside is white for the resin ones, but look at the Luke Hero helmet, the inside is black ;)

looks like you are correct, it looks like the mic tips have been painted inside except the nipple part at the bottom.

another helmet that people debated on was the move along helmet...some people were saying that it had black insides but after some research it seems that the grills of the mic tip had been painted black instead of being aluminium colored which gave the impression that the inside of the mic was black....

there is no good picture of the mic tips as far as i know, i guess people never really bothered to pay close attention to them..kinda sad in a way because they is so much variations of them...i guess each was as unique as every helmets that they assembled to...

peace

Edited by LittleOne