Silv8rfox's BFG First timer...Opinions please

Whilst waiting for my armour I thought id get to work on my T-21. Photos here:

If anyone has any comments or suggestions i'd love to here them. Dont want to finish the build and find out I cant get it cleared. Im building the body out of MDF and using a paper roll tube covered in plastic for the larger barrel (due to size constraints). The rest is various bits that are lying around the garage. (dont tell the in-laws...its their garage) Im running some electrics to the trigger in advance just in case I decide to add some sounds and lights. I'll see how well it goes down on a troop and decide then. Enjoying the build and quite pleased with how its turning out. After reading Pandatroopers scratchbuild decided to trying working with styrene for some of the detailing. Finding it hard to get many of the parts and supplies needed due to living on an island in the channel but managing to get things built from scratch. Anyway what do you troopers think so far?

5795962961_9122d6c0ce.jpg

What do I think so far? I think it's freakin amazing! Your metal look is incredibly realistic. That's really great work dude.

+1!!! Epic~

Looking real nice so far, what you using for the barrel ? PVC soil pipe is a good size for the main part (larger diameter) I used guttering downpipe for the smaller on mine but its a bit narrow :o(

Same idea for conecting the barrel in too , us brits think alike :lol:

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Looking real nice so far, what you using for the barrel ? PVC soil pipe is a good size for the main part (larger diameter)

I couldnt find 3.5 outer 3 inner diameter ABS core anywhere in the UK. So I've used a packaging tube with 3" and split a piece of 110mm downpipe along its length. Cut to size and wrapped around the packaging tube. I riveted it in place and gelcoated of the rivets. That way the front tube literally slotted into the main barrel. Only downside is its a bit heavy........but hey its a BFG ;)

Almost finished the barrel section but need some detailing help from a knowledgeable trooper.

5812567468_545ea3b5e4.jpg

There are a couple of sections that are causing me some issues. Mostly as I cant seem to find any clear images of the sections in question. One is the wire that wraps around the main barrel section. Some T-21 ive seen have it some dont. Is this required? Anyone have a clearer image of the wire and how its attached?

Secondly is the section under the barrel where the stand originally sat. Again as above :(

Can anyone help?

well, hope Terry (Pandatrooper) will chim in soon. He is the expert and the ONE who write the "How to" tutorial for E-21.

• 2 weeks later...

Well she's done. I managed to get the trigger in and all wired up. At the moments no lights or sound but if a blastercore or similar falls in my lap ill be able to wire it in easy :) I found 2 original enfield webs and the swivel in an antique military shop payed the grand total of £3 for the lot! It finishes the the gun off beautifully. I believe the gun will pass clearance for troopin dont know about deployed yet but ill see closer to time. Gonna leave the gun there at least until the bluray release so I can get some better screen grabs. So ill leave this gun thread with some "Droid Poppin" "Ship Stoppin" "Rebel Bustin" pics......(check out the last pick for the next build :)

5865874248_c6ed33792d.jpg

5865874262_9def8f5f49.jpg

5865874254_77fcc82817.jpg

5865874246_c6fcd5bf07.jpg

Next Build.....

5865874268_402eec9dd0.jpg