DesTROYers TK Armour update page.

Just got word from AP armour. My Suit is being shipped out this week, so I have decided to start my Armour update thread now. Tomorrow I will post pictures of my Workshop. The place where I will transform bumpy sheets of plastic in to a finely crafted suit of blaster proof armour. When my Armour arrives, week by week, bit by bit I will keep a journal of my progress. Fee free to chime in and offer advice and critisims.

Cheers,

DesTROYer

"Cause you can't Destroy with out Troy"

• 2 weeks later...
Your waiting.... Damn postman is out playing with my stuff again I'm sure ;)

I'm in the same situations as you mate :( and I live on the same continent :rolleyes: ...He said he sent it out last week, so hopefully I should have it by the end of this week :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got around to taking photos yesterday, and actually got my helmet all together and painted as well, but the damn Camera USB lead has a problem and I can't get the photo's off my Camera Grrr.

The only things left to do on my helmet now is to mount the harness inside, fans and affix the tube stripes labels. Speaking of which are there any measurements for exactly where the tube stiripes should be applied? They seem a bit long for where they look in the photos. Advice would be appreciated.

Well , I can report that Troy does in fact have a lovely workshop , and he does have have a box filled with lovely AP bits . The box almost got into my car , but I was intercepted before I could get away :(

Hop to it Troy !!!

Helmet is finsihed (besides inner lining and dirty weathering) and looks quite good next to my RT mod TK bucket. As I already have the afore mentioned RT mod helmet, I have decided to turn the AP into a TD bucket to add to my collection of Imperial helmets.

Happy to report that it is not my camera that is faulty as I am able to hook it up to the TV and look at my pics, but the USB lead for the computer still wont work. I have managed to locate a new USB lead for my camera but have to wait till at least wednesday before i can pick it up.

• 2 weeks later...

run to radio shack and get a memory card reader, they are really cheap, i got a 52-in-1 for like $14. its alot easier to use than hooking up a usb cable to the camera (and in some cases powercord as well) and you also don't have to worry about your camera going dead on you when you are uploading photos while also being able to upload from other cameras who use other type cards.

Well the USB card reader arrived and now as promised here are some pics of my Stuff.

IMGP0361.jpg

the bare bones.

IMGP0362.jpg

test fit.

IMGP0364.jpg

Cut out and re-assembled.

IMGP0367.jpg

Decals applied.

IMGP0368.jpg

Frown painted and temp aerators attached.

I have since installed the lenses and tube stripes. Also I have painted the tears in with grey paint, as this is going to be a sandy bucket for display and I already have my RT Mod TK helmet. All that needs doing now is have a head liner installed so it is troop-able. But seeing as this is mainly for display, I'm in no hurry.

IMGP0378.jpg

A box of bits.

IMGP0374.jpg

The first armor pieces trimmed.

IMGP0375.jpg

but only the first of many.

IMGP0377.jpg

bibs and bobs.

IMGP0376.jpg

My messy work bench with my favorite armor making tools. The Scroll saw and bench sander.

Thats all for now, though I have done much more work. Will go out and take some more photos soon.

Hope you have enjoyed.