Does George really acknowledge us ?

tk7713gra30

Hi all,

This is not intended to be the can of worms I hope it will not be.

All I am asking is does GL acknowledge us or does he just allow us?

I realise the 501 status we were allowed and the blind eye, also I think we are the most loyal and biggest fan base (MEPD incl)

I do not mind as my childhood dream is done and the friendships I have made is beyond anything GL could give me, I am just asking does he actually speak to us, or does he use us for PR.....

In my job, I do, but rarely get to speak to top people, they ask but only know me for my job.

Has anyone top level 501 ever had the chance to speak to GL and explain our direction, it seems we have a leader (but actually we are our own leaders )?????

This is not meant to be questioning us, I am just asking who is our top person in position and who decides.

Kindest regards

Gra

Is the 501st a part of Lucasfilm?

While recognized by the inclusion of the 501st name in official Star Wars material such as books and video games, the 501st is not affiliated with Lucasfilm nor do we rely on the company for bookings, event coordination, compensation, or costuming materials. The 501st Legion is a volunteer fan organization.

From here...

http://www.501st.com/faqs.php#q5

Does that answer the question? B)

Has anyone top level 501 ever had the chance to speak to GL and explain our direction, it seems we have a leader (but actually we are our own leaders )?????

And to answer this... yes, the 501st talk with Lucas and Lucasfilm LTD. all the time.

We're his preferred costuming group.

He even flew 300 of us to the Rose Bowl parade a few years back you know.

Many thanks and I do understand how we are what we are, and from a lot of grace from GL.

Can I ask, who is the highest we have that talks direct to GL.

I ask as I am RM, my boss is really UK PM but the Duke of Edinburgh is our top RM officer, I have met him, he knows what I do but not who I am.

Next down is CG,

Next down is 2 others, then we get to normal, biscuit, tea sir level, each answers to one up- at least. Very high level, general level/brigadier.

So what I am asking is who connects us with GL

Sorry if this is obvious and I am just interested, we talk, who talks?

R2 KT in the cartoon series a great handshake back to Albin and our work.

If you didn't know, R2 Kt was a pink R2D2 that was made to keep Katie, Albin's daughter happy by her bedside etc when she was ill. Now she's passed on sadly.

Lucas must have been moved by that as R2 KT is made immortal in the series and there's even a toy released by Hasbro

http://www.r2kt.com/clonewars.html

Also the 501st are Vader's guards. They storm the Jedi temple and in books etc that's how they're now refered too :)

So what I am asking is who connects us with GL

Generally, when LFL want to talk to someone in the 501st, either in the Legion Command, or down to Garrison level, the Fan Relations people ( the soon to retire Steve Sansweet, and Mary Franklin ) get in contact. These are the people who actually do the talking about events and stuff.

I've seen Albin post that he has been in contact with uncle George on 501st business, and I know there are a few folk who seem to know him, but I think that probably has nothing to do with the 501st, they just know him.

On a personal level, I was in Georges presence 3 times at CV, twice within 18 to 20 inches of him, and I may as well have been a fleck of fly poo on the wall.

During "The Main Event" interview with Jon Stewart at C5 last year, one of the questions asked was what GL thought of the various fan groups. I forget his exact words (I'm sure you can find the interview posted on YouTube), but he completely gushed over the 501st and R2 Builders. :)

Pretty much any time LFL needs costumed Star Wars characters for high profile events (clones and stormtroopers in particular), his people contact the 501st.