Strapping help

Hello everyone,

I will soon be in the position where I will start to strap my kit together with elastic and snaps and had a few questions. For the back, kidney and butt connections do I want to make the straps as short as possible right from the get-go? In all the pics I found, these 3 sections are very close to one another, and not really any gaps at all between them. Also, How close should the back and chest be to one another? By this I mean how tight should they be around my neck.

Also, if you have any tips for this process please let me know...because I am dreading it.

Thanks guys

Yeah try and have the back and kidney sections to meet and close on you, but don't make it so tight you can't breathe.

Just make the straps big enough so they close on you. I've had issues with mine, so I've decided to add a velcro fastening on the right side as well as elastics on snaps.

------

The rest of the strapping is a little different on my build — that pic isn't my armor in other words, but it gives you a good picture of the size of the straps.

I actually have 2 short straps connecting my left side, and the one long thin strap at the top of the right side, with another short one under it.

Then 3 straps holding the butt plate to the kidney, and 2 holding the kidney to the back plate.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

I butted the the butt & kidney pieces together and marked where the snaps went w/ elastic. When I stand up straight it looks flush, but it allows me to bend. As for the chest & back pieces I used 2" elastic and set it pretty tight. I had to put a piece of adhesive weatherstripping at the neck on the chest piece because it was digging into my neck. ;) Check out my build thread if you need pics.