e6000 clean up

i use a plastic scrapper blade. those things are awesome. they wont scratch your armor. but will scrape anything off. or you could just wait till it's dry and use your finger nails.

----

i use the orange one. i think the different colors are different strengths in the plastic. they come in handy for so many things. :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

On 2/25/2011 at 1:05 AM, Eric said:

i use a plastic scrapper blade. those things are awesome. they wont scratch your armor. but will scrape anything off. or you could just wait till it's dry and use your finger nails.

i use the orange one. i think the different colors are different strengths in the plastic. they come in handy for so many things. :)

I will wait and trim my nails tomorrow. :) So no chemicals should be used to wipe it up while it is still wet?

-Eric

well, in that instance, i find if your fingers are clean wipe it off with a finger and rub your fingers and it just balls up and comes off. lol. i dont use anything to clean spilled E6000 minus hands and maybe the scape tool (plastic razor blade) often i even use it to apply the glue... just all dependant on the scenario really. but no i dont use chemicals. i'd probably worry about if it'd weaken the glue that i'm not wiping up...

well, in that instance, i find if your fingers are clean wipe it off with a finger and rub your fingers and it just balls up and comes off. lol. i dont use anything to clean spilled E6000 minus hands and maybe the scape tool (plastic razor blade) often i even use it to apply the glue... just all dependant on the scenario really. but no i dont use chemicals. i'd probably worry about if it'd weaken the glue that i'm not wiping up...

Thanks! I will use patience and wait for it to harden to the point where I can clean it off. I made the mistake and tried to wipe it up while it was still wet. It may require a little more work to get it off since it is thinner.

I could do with one of those plastic razor things. I'm currently in the process of gluing my armour and I have some E-6000 spillage on the outside of my armor. I did try to wipe the stuff off whilst it was still wet, but some still remains.

I'll just use my fingers.

Edited by TrooperVenger