trooper armor color?

Loomisproof78

Well i am working on a kit from matt (TE) and i was told the helmet was biscuit but it appears to be a more of an off white color i got some biscuit colored appliance epoxy which is what was recommended to me by matt

well i gave a quick coat to the chest and ab pieces but the color is far darker than the helmet ..

Is it supposed to be like this should i get a different paint?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Connor

plus if anyone knows where to get the white edge molding for a low price Would help alot! ;):dancing-trooper:

here the cheapest trim i can find anywhere

--------------

as far as the color thing i cant say much as i used white but be sure give the appliance epoxy a minimum of 2 weeks dry time before really handling it, also some pictures would be helpful as well :D

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Well i am working on a kit from matt (TE) and i was told the helmet was biscuit but it appears to be a more of an off white color i got some biscuit colored appliance epoxy which is what was recommended to me by matt

well i gave a quick coat to the chest and ab pieces but the color is far darker than the helmet ..

Is it supposed to be like this should i get a different paint?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Connor

Contact Matt and ask him what brand of Biscuit White to get. I think he probably used the Rustoleum.

One thing about paint companies, even though it is the same brand and same color number of paint, these companies still have a tolerance level of how the batches come. One batch may not be the exact same color tone as the other.

What color primer did you use? Also, different primers and color tone of the primer can change the color tone of the paint. (The brighter the primer, the brighter the finish). Try to find a white aerosol primer. You can usually find them at pro paint shops. like Du Pont, Sherwin Williams, etc.

If all else fails, you can get the pro paint shop to color match and mix you up the enamel paint to match the color tone of the helmet.

Just take the helmet with you to the pro paint shop.

how much do i need?

As for how much trim you will need for your ROTJ, the minimum that you will need to trim this out is 23 feet. But since the trim is so cheap to buy, I would get at least 30 feet, so if you make an oops you will have extra....

• 1 month later...

For my RoTJ color (the same biscuit that you're talking about) I went a slightly pricey route...

I took one of the shoulder bridges from my armor and had it color matched at a paint store. So if my larger set of armor ever arrives it should match my existing suit perfectly after I paint it (if the paint hasn't gone off by then).