Laquer spray paint

Is Rustoleums "Specialty Lacquer" spray paint safe to use on plastic? It doesn't mention plastic anywhere on the can, but it does say "...high luster coasting that provides a smooth, durable, ultra-hard gloss finish on wood, metal, and more..."

Anyone know about this paint?

Thanks

here is a link: ------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

i have used this stuff and it doesn't react well with other paint types, also you need to apply really thin coats or it will crackle badly :blink: Lacquer is also a very hard and brittle finish. Anything under it mustbe completely dry and hardened and you should wait several weeks before re-coating... i wouldnt recommend it for armor ;)

Sorry to post another question in this thread, but for Krylon Fusion is there a certain clear coat that needs to be used with it? I was looking in the store the other day and the only krylon clear coat was the regular acrylic krylon clear, and it didnt have anything on it about fusion.

Thanks again

Sorry to post another question in this thread, but for Krylon Fusion is there a certain clear coat that needs to be used with it? I was looking in the store the other day and the only krylon clear coat was the regular acrylic krylon clear, and it didnt have anything on it about fusion.

Thanks again

if you use a high gloss enamel paint to start with you shouldn't need to apply a cleacoat after ;) i used a clear acrylic craft sealer to coat the red areas on my armor but for a plain white TK it isn't really necessary. just be sure to use a good primer before applying the krylon fusion

I have used laquer straight on armour, it was to regloss mistakes when I sanded to thin but it was on my HIPS. It worked great but as the armour is less flexible, and more prone to breaks of course, it worked fine.

Laquer is good for bringing basic plastic back to a shine though and no need to repaint

Gra

I'd say be patient right now — if you can afford to be.

Wait up to a month.

Depending on where you are... humidity, etc., and not to mention the number of coats you painted... it may take a LONG time!

I grew up painting things in Missouri. And even in the winter things seemed to NEVER quit being tacky. Of course they did, eventually, but I never could wait.

Now I live in New Mexico and I can paint something in the morning and it's dry by the next day pretty much.

I did 7 coats on something a few weeks ago and it took 3 days to fully cure.

It's just so dry here that it works better.

So yeah... just be patient before you try to "fix" what may not be a problem.