Scope rail width and sight decal?

Good morning everone. Sorry in advance for asking yet more questions. Is a 1" wide scope rail acceptable on an E11 for EIB or is that too wide? Also does anyone know where I can get a decal for the rear of the scope (the cross hair one with the Star Wars writing on it). I was going to drill out the scope and put a little light in it but I can't find any glass lenses that will fit so I am going to put a decal on it and then use varnish to make it look like glass. Is that a good idea or not?

Thanks for any help and have a graet weekend all of you.

Rob.

I'd say 1" is too wide yeah, but I don't know if it would effect you

0.75 is more than enough. Some say it may have been thinner. A cm....but.........

One thing I will say is, back in 76, a metric measurement on anything in the UK would have been very rare. Everything was imperial.

My mate, who loves his engineering and the golden olden days, laser scanned my Sterling and was impressed there are no metric measurements on a Sterling :) All imperial lol

Good on you for that detail as a lot use the wrong blaster even :)

Edited by john danter

Rob

The good ol# 'Seach Funtion' is a wonderful thing ;)

This should give you some ideas mate.

My linkhttp://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=4697

iZv5Xza.jpg

Scopes tricks

My linkhttp://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=4520

....and some more :)

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=6187

And here's some reticles that you may want to play arond with

pJ1gkbu.jpg

GIpv9NZ.jpg

Hope this helps mate :)

Thanks very much Billy and John. I did do a bit of a search, don't know how I missed that fantastic tutorial (not enough coffee today). Thanks so much for the decal's mate. Just what I needed :salute:

I have ordered all the bits and pieces that I need. 2cm wide brass rail, see thru stones and dome stickers. Can't wait to get started now. Thanks so much again for the help. I would'nt have known this stuff was out there! I will have lots of everything left over so when it comes if anyone wants any they are welcome to them. It will save you having to buy a whole pack like me.

Do you mean the plastic stuff of the flexable self adhesive one? I think I have some of that you could have.

On another note. I found a company that prints custom dome stickers. I maight look into getting a batch of sights printed. That way the decal and glass could be all done in one go.

Edited by matt black

• 2 years later...