ROM board (raw) + Hovi speakers

I want the sound output of the ROM kit but mini speakers inside the helmet's HOVI tips instead of the larger speaker behind the chest.

My thought is to purchase the basic "raw" soundboard amp from ROM and install Hovi speaker tips from a seller I have seen on ebay by the name air-ship. The auction is listed as: Stormtrooper Helmet Speakers Hovi mix mic tip aerators

I'm no electronics expert at all, so I would have a friend help me get this together - how/where would the microphone hook up to this if I chose this route?

Recommendations and suggestions completely welcome. I havent invested any money yet into a voice system so I am still doing my homework.

Also, here are couple of links that will help you out with the Rom-FX + Speakers Hovis.

HOWTO: Helmet mounted speakers Big speakers - not mini hovi ones (by John Danter):

-------------

Hopes it help ya, jimmy :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Thanks for the feedback.

I contacted air-ship and I was assured that his speakers will easily work with the ROM board :D

I was toying with the idea of learing some basic vacume forming so I can build a housing for the sound board so the inside of the helmet looks "presentable".

Does anyone know off hand if the ROM board (raw) has a waiting list like his full kits??

On 1/15/2011 at 12:05 AM, generalFROSTY said:

I was toying with the idea of learing some basic vacume forming so I can build a housing for the sound board so the inside of the helmet looks "presentable".

You can also look into plastic enclosures for electronics. You can find all different sizes and styles at the link below:

-----------

http://web.tradekorea.com/upload_file2/product/615/P00238615/cbe9caa5_4fab41b1_d4f6_4b84_a4be_52550b508b77.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 4 weeks later...

i accualy have a rom, and airships hovis.

they are very nice. but arent that loud. i am thinking of switching to the speaker that came with my rom. or using those dual headphone jack they sell at walmart and target, and running both hovi speakers and rom speaker.

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13