Peter's AM Build[*AM]

• 2 weeks later...

Your Cap-W lid look great Peter! :duim: Like you said, all you need is to weather it. :td:

BTW, which pauldron color and which Backpack version are you doing?

AM threw in a orange pauldron for a great price so I'm going with a captain's backpack to match (I believe it was #3).

Should I glue the weather strip at the bottom to the helmet ?

You can glue the rubber gasket/neck trim if you want to. If you do, I suggest just tacking it in spots and not gluing the whole thing, so if you need to take your lid a part at anytime, it will make the process much easier.

As for the Captain's backpack, yea #3 will work for these:

Road block, "Move along"

The Cantina, "All right, we'll check it out"

Alley door check, "Check this side of the street"

Alley way/Falcon blasting out of Mos Eisley.

But #5 will also work for the orange pauldron:

The desert, "Someone was in the pod"

Docking bay 94 shoot out.

Also, there were a couple of orange pauldron TDs that did not have a backpack at all, but that's no fun not having a backpack... :(

The TD CRL states:

Desert Backpack: Styled after the ANH sandtrooper packs. A loose interpretation is allowed, but screen accuracy is encouraged. (This is optional because we're aware that not all Sandtroopers had backpacks.)

But it all depends on which version of the TD you want to do....

Below is the breakdown of Pandatrooper's Photoshopped, cleaned up versions of Rolf's original diagrams from the MEPD:

4981154110_eedb292390_z.jpg

4981411722_45b363da55_z.jpg

4980549345_ee5c18800e_z.jpg

4981155514_2e0885f46b_z.jpg

4980549033_bd9cb21b53_z.jpg

4980549933_00ba9e87e7_z.jpg

4981156038_fc7c6160b5_z.jpg

4981154968_841f9e3747_z.jpg

4980550553_0e1e62c001_z.jpg

I'm sorry to bump into this thread, but, does the butt plate needs a return edge at the top? I also have the AM armor and it has a return edge by default, so I'm wondering if after I trim probably half an inch (or less) off it, do I need to give it a return edge?

I'm sorry to bump into this thread, but, does the butt plate needs a return edge at the top? I also have the AM armor and it has a return edge by default, so I'm wondering if after I trim probably half an inch (or less) off it, do I need to give it a return edge?

The top of the butt plate does have return edge, If you want to give your armor the 3 dimensional look and keep in the same vein of the original screen used armor, then add back the return edge.

Here is a tutorial for making return edges: http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=12972

Edited by RogueTrooper

• 1 month later...