New armor almost complete

I'm finishing up the build. Still some tweaking to do. I've only had it about 2 weeks. New improved boots are on order. My hyperfirm E-11 is on order. I've mixed kits. The shoulders to wrists are from my first FX kit. I'm too big and had to shim the heck out of the bicpes. The shoulders wouldn't sit down on my shoulders, even after I heated them and opened them up. Because of my size, I fudged a little on the front strips and made them 1 1/4" instead of 7/8". I hope they are proportional given the legs are wider. Belt is not finished yet. I'm open to suggestions and comments.

New kit:

xFK2B5H.jpg

Old FX kit:

p2zTduD.jpg

Looks great Craig!

How did you do it so fast?

I only have Sundays to work on my AP kit..

Curtis :D

Well then you should have it all trimmed out on the 1st Sunday, sanded on the 2nd Sunday, put together on the 3rd Sunday, & the helmet completed on the 4th Sunday. Well that would be my time line anyway, lol. I found the AP kit to be pretty easy to get done. I'd say that it took me 2 weeks but out of the 2 weeks I really only spent 4 or 5 days on it so if you only have Sundays you should theoretically be able to get it done in a month (roughly).

BTW, I absolutely love my AP kit & I'm so glad that I bought it. Anyone need an FX kit? lol.

A little more progress. Still having to use FX shoulders, biceps and forearms. The good stuff will absolutely not fit & look decent. Just little things to do and it'll be done. I have space between the abs and kidney, should I shim it closed, it's about 3 inches on both side.

For deployment yes you need to close that up 3 inche gap between ab and kindney plate , look around there are great threads here to do that, i mean awsome threads!!!! and armor looks awesome!!!

About the armor if u are think of going spare parts with it i need new thighs, depending on your price and USPS to Bolivia.

LMK

The mix is you!!!

Real cool

I'm a little bothered by the fact that there is a slight hue difference in the white ABS. The FX has a pinkish look while the other is somewhat blueish. Oh well, I'm not going to paint and the peole who will be seeing the suit will probably never notice.

Looks great!!!

I am reminded of my 1995 TK that Hasbro/Kenner did, when every figure was a bodybuilder, including the TK's!!!!

I was looking at it on my desk, and I said, "that is Craig!!"

Keep up the good work, and thanks for posting pics!!

:trooper:

Hmmm,

Apologies for drifting off subject, but that's a very interesting AVATAR you have there...

Can you post a larger one? I'm da guy at HPD & MEPD. I just got authorized to use a POV for my police duties so I'll be posting a pic real soon - as soon as I get the radio and light installed.

Aloha,

T :salute:

Hmmm,

Apologies for drifting off subject, but that's a very interesting AVATAR you have there...

Can you post a larger one? I'm da guy at HPD & MEPD. I just got authorized to use a POV for my police duties so I'll be posting a pic real soon - as soon as I get the radio and light installed.

Aloha,

T :salute:

Sure can. It was your picture that prompted me to do that. I've been to Honolulu and went to the SHOPO store. IF that's the correct spelling? My wife is going to the big island in a coupe of weeks. One of our motor guys grew up there.

P1012171.jpg

Looks great!!!

I am reminded of my 1995 TK that Hasbro/Kenner did, when every figure was a bodybuilder, including the TK's!!!!

I was looking at it on my desk, and I said, "that is Craig!!"

Keep up the good work, and thanks for posting pics!!

:trooper:

Thanks for the kind words, but I still have a fair amount of fat, evident by the fact I have 3 inches between my abs and kidney plates. I'm still lifting but can't do anymore cycles of pro-hormones, my costumes are getting tight. :blink: I've switched to lighter weight/higher reps, more cardio.