BLASTERS IN GENERAL

ECOLI

HI,

So I have a really interesting question. I would love to try and make a real modified replica sterling I tried my luck with a Han Solo blaster a few years ago and although not entirely screen accurate it looks great. So the real question is where does a person just come across a Hengstler counter. I know we have kits that a person can use to modify and not all blasters had one but lets just say we wanted to find a real one in a store or what not. Where does a person start. It would help if we all knew what an industrial counter was used for??? I am not doubting the fact that they are probably kinda rare and would be a chance find for the actual film used model. Heck, I tried that looking for an old graflex a few years back and boy did that camera shop owner know exactly what I was wanting it for :rolleyes: Anyway, does anyone have any thoughts of good ideas, my other thought was what about a different Hengstler model one more abundant and very similar?

Well you can buy hengslter counters today. A big company that's still going strong.

Modular 400 is the type and today they make something very similar in shape/size.

http://www.hengstler.com/en/products/shop.php?catID=1075

type 464 - 468, type 478 etc

Counters are just that, counters. They're usually used on factory lines to count objects made as they pass a switch etc. Very simple inside.

However the one you're after had an eagle logo on it. Very similar to the nazi eagle so the company changed it. Either that or it was just cheaper to make them plain :)

They do crop up on here from time to time. Ask Bilhag on these boards

John

Edited by john danter

I have a couple of metal cased large eagle counters. Those are the ones you are after.

Counters come up from time to time on here and on the RPF. Mostly plastic cased and if you're lucky with the small eagle logo. The metal cased large eagle ones are quite rare and rarely come up for sale. I was lucky and spotted the latest on on the RPF at a great price.

And NO, I'm not selling one:lol Sorry.....