AM kit helmet

OK guys, I have my AM full kit. Everything is put together and I must say that I'm still impressed with the quality etc.

But.....I have a few issues that I'd like to take care of.

1. I'm 6' 2" most of that being leg. I'm finding that my shin pieces are too short - they keep riding up well over the tops of my boots.

2. The helmet. It's am AM. Basically, it just seems huge. It looks great on, but I have trouble moving around in it.

To get it low enough on my head to see out the eyes, it basically sits on the shoulders of the armor. If I have to look around,

it "rides up" just enough that it kills my vision out of the helmet.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Here's the only pic that I have at the moment. I was so caught up in "Texas Ranger Fever"

I put decals all over it. It was a huge hit. Don't worry they are all gone now. I wanted to resolve the helmet issues before I go to much farther.

Just noticed that I'm missing my "buttons" on the front - still have it, it was loose and I was afraid of losing it.

Thanks in advance, John

ShTI9Ch.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021

Is getting an accurately sized helmet an option? That would be the easiest way - the AM/FX bucket just is too oversized, and other than extreme internal padding I think there aren't many other quick solutions.

It's not that they (shin guards) are riding up - they are just too short for my spindly shin bones.

I'm going to try and take one last look at the AM helmet and see what i can figure out. I was just trying to avoid buying another helmet.

Was hoping someone had the AM helmet and has made it functional.

Edited by juanverde

As far as length goes, AM is about as big as it gets.

The length doesn't look so bad in the photo, but I'd like to see a photo of how your shin armor looks when pulled down over your boot.

As they said, that picture shows your shins up over your boots. If they were down on your boots, that would help you some. As for the helmet, not much that can be done. Picking up a more accurate bucket is the best way to solve those issues and they are much lighter to boot.