Transporting armor

Just finishing up my AM armor and am looking at my options for what to use for transporting my kit. I was looking at a suitcase big enough to carry it in since I maybe flying down to Florida with it.

Any input from people who have done this would be greatly appreciated. Pictures would be an extra bonus.

Thanks in advance!

-B-

Currently I store my wife's armor & mine in a couple diffrent tubs with wheels. I have mine in a 35gl molded plastic tub I got from Lowes for $30. It has built in handles on both ends & is super lite. I have my wife's armor in a Stanly 50gl tub $50 Home Depot. This is more heavy duty & you can stand on it without damaging whats inside. The 50gl has lots of extra room. It comes with a removable top shelf. I place all the smaller knick knacks here. Gloves, nexck seal, hand armor & body glove. I also have some other armor inside some 23 gl Contico roller tubs. Walmart.com had a 2pk for under $40

Before C5 I was asking how to fly with my armor. Got alot of good response. Seems the best was shipping it UPS or FedEx. But one idea stuck with me. Someone said you coupld place a full set of TK armor inside a hard glof club case. These seemed like a good option, but very expensive. $100 & up. I mentioned this to a friend at work back when I was pondering how I was going to get my armor down to Florida. Luckily he remembered our coversation & picked one up for me at a mini storage sale for $5.

So I have armor in lots of diffrent tubs. My favorite is the tub from Lowes. Lots of room, super lite & very afforfable.

Here's a pic with my Tie Pilot rig in it..... :dancing-trooper:

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I use a wheeled tupperware container I found at Target for about $11. Even though it has wheels on one end, it's awkward to pull it because unless you bend down really far the plastic bin drags on the ground. I just picked up a luggage cart from Walmart for about $20 and some bungee cords and that made it much easier to wheel the bin around.

On 10/20/2010 at 2:39 PM, firebladejedi said:

Try this, surely the best way to transport your armour….

---------

Like Mark said that is the only way to transport armour;)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I am now thinking I am on the lookout for a hardshell, tupperware type case, with wheels in the shape of a Star Destroyer. B)

You got it Bill ;)