Thrifty aerator speaker set up vs. Wireless Wally...

I am in the process of making my "Wireless Wally." I was wondering has anyone done the aerator/speaker set up on a smaller budget? I know that there are the 2 options I see everyone talking about here all the time; the ROMFX and well cant remember the other right now.. But as much as I would prefer my audio coming out of the aerator instead of my chest, thats a little on the pricer side for tastes.. I think I have about 30 bucks wrapped up in the "WW" which is both cheap and from the way it seems, at least somewhat effective..

Please buy bigger speakers and place them behind the aerator not inside them

I have a tutorial on here somewhere and have spare speakers and I vac formed some caps to cover them too

Much better mid than little tinny micro speakers inside them

I just saw a post on here about using 1" speakers from radio shack.. with some pvc caps...(of course that was with hollow aerators, mine are solid.. but stil would be coming out of the right area... now all i need do is figure out how to do wireup on em..

I got a kiddies amp thing with a headset mic (clips on belt so they can annoy parents with their singing) to tear apart for its board, yes it wont have the static burst but i can live with that... and the cost £2.50 from a charity shop (store where people donate items to be sold for charity for anyone who doesnt know of them)& im currently awaiting some small speakers intended for use with an MP3 (battery powered so hopefully will have some amplification built in £1.69 form evilbay, if all goes well ill have a voice amp set up for less than £5. :D

A little warning on the Wireless Wally: The Cheap wireless kits that you find on ebay are on a VERY COMMON frequency. I was destroyed a couple years ago at dragonCon when I powered up my wireless system only to find that the hotel's elevator music was being transmitted on the same frequency. Since the hotel's signal was being broadcast at a higher power instead of my voice coming out of my chest it was tacky elevator music.

A little warning on the Wireless Wally: The Cheap wireless kits that you find on ebay are on a VERY COMMON frequency. I was destroyed a couple years ago at dragonCon when I powered up my wireless system only to find that the hotel's elevator music was being transmitted on the same frequency. Since the hotel's signal was being broadcast at a higher power instead of my voice coming out of my chest it was tacky elevator music.

:lol:

Oh man! I'm sorry, but that's pretty funny.