Question about assembling...

Jim,

No miscommunication mate. You asked how the bells were hung and mine are from the inner shoulder strap and the biceps are NOT connected to the shoulder bells in any way. You may choose not to use a black elastic strap at the bottom of the bells but that is not how they are supposed to be. That's why your AP will never look right from an accuracy POV.

John,

I have never heard of curving a joining strip. I think you guys try to be too technical. If the flat overlaps on your legs (or wherever) are curved, make your cut straight. So what I would do is if you are using a 20mm joining strip is to clip the strip to one half of the thigh and leave about 1mm from the tightest edge of the thigh (which is more than likely the middle where the curve peaks). Then even out the top and bottom so maybe you might have a 3mm gap between the strip and hard edge of the overlap. Is this making any sense so far :P Then do the same on the opposite half of the thigh. Don't try too hard to get a perfectly straight edge and trying to be too 'exact' as the real suits were far from it.

HTH :)

I am awaiting for my AP armor. And I read this thread with interest and its very informative.

I agree with GUNS; Way to go TrooperMaster! ;)

I am sure, I will have to visit this thread again and very often, as well as Kiyotei's armor build thread.

Thanks guys, you make this forum the way it should be! :D Happy to be a part of it.

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for the input. Unfortunately, I chickened out. I am a bit bummed about it since I really wanted to do the seamless method, but I was afraid I would screw it up. I don't have a basement so when my friend had be over today, we glued the forearms and the biceps with the overlap methed. I thought gluing would be more difficult, but it wasn't that bad. They still turned out really good so I can't complain. It's good to get the experience and next time I think I will be ready. For my next suit, I hope I can get hooked up with a TM kit. Hear that Paul? :P