Thigh Help

Hi all I am needing a bit of guidance regarding my thighs.

I needed to add shims because my thigh muscles are a bit largish. I am needing to put a 25-30mm cover strip on them. The armour I have is meant to be overlap construction but I needed to make it butt jointed. I need to do the same for my calf armour.

My question is, in the pics below have I made right hand side (as you look at the photo) too low? should I raise it up so that both sides are relatively even knowing that I need to attach the battery pack? I have only tacked some plastic to hold it together on the inside and I can easily remove this.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Steve

o566gcZ.jpg

eHA5zhL.jpg

Just in case you havent done the left leg yet heres a pic of mine

for the right thigh i ran the butt join all the way down because the battery pack covers the bottom ridge, but on the right i used a butt join down to the ridge then an overlap for the ridge itself, it runs from the left shell over to the right and is as wide as the overlay strip (in my case 20mm)

UnH5zbk.jpg

Hey Steve, since the armor that you are working with was meant to be overlapping, but you need them to fit your thighs, then I think that what you have done in your pix are fine.

After you get your cover strips overlayed I don't think you will notice.

Since the tops don't match up, and you want to get the tops to have that finished look, then try doing what is in this "How To: Make thigh tops "ANH style"

-----

Or you could do this,

Overlap the front of the thighs ( like they were originally meant to be) and then add the shims in the back to give you extra room for your legs...

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020