Attaching your holster with snaps...

..I have been working like crazy on getting my Tie Pilot done for Comic Con..since there is no canon blaster for Tie Pilots, I decided I would use my E-11 from my TK..only problem was, my left handed holster was rivited to my belt ..I wanted to leave it rivited to remain canon on my TK, but I also wanted to be able to use it on my TI...heres what I came up with:

I removed the rivits holding my holster to my TK belt,and replaced them with snaps..I used a piece of ABS with two snaps installed and rivited it to my TK belt.so it still looks rivited from the outside:

Then I made two belt loops out of some strapping I found ( I think its off a old motorcycle seat, but an old belt would work too) and put two snaps in them..since there is no canon TI holster accuracy isn't a factor, but I don't want to walk around unarmed! :) ..now I can switch my holster and blaster between costumes! It's like getting a holster and blaster for free! :)

tiepilot073.jpg.27162ae2d1accf3f58f8719a5ab2b19c.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

• 1 month later...