Tired of the glue smell

So I put together all of my armor using super glue and it worked great, but near the end when I had run out and still needed to glue in snaps for my shoulders to go into, a garrison member recommeded using "Goop". I bought it and used it to glue in my two final snaps... worked great. Well the smell of the glue is just nasty and I've had my armor 1 year now and the smell is not going away! I keep my armor in a tote with all of my other gear: gloves, boots helmet, hoster etc. The smell from the glue on those two snaps is permeating everything.

Anyone know how to get rid of the smell? I can tolerate it, I just wonder if people who are standing next to me while taking pictures at events are wondering what that funky, toxic smell is. :Wookiee1: :wacko:

thats odd.. i used a combo of goop and super glue on my build and i cant smell the glue at all. but i did use spray on auto wax to weather seal the glued parts. i can still smell the epoxy paint a bit but other then that the parts have no smell at all... possibly the wax? i also mixed loctite super glue with goop for a super fast drying flexible bond ;) i also put white duct tape over the snaps. you could also put some potpourri in your tote :P also i have kept my armor outside in my garage for the entire build so it has had plenty of time to air out

This is going to sound weird, and might not work on armour, but...

Kitty litter.

I make my own props for doing magic, and found a website long ago that explained how to age playing cards to give them an antique look. The process involved using shoe polish. The final step was to get rid of the shoe polish smell and it required burying the cards in a tray of (fresh, clean, unscented and UNUSED) kitty litter.

I antiqued a pack of tarot cards, buried them in the kitty litter for a couple of days and sure enough, my cards came out without the slightest whiff of shoe polish.

My only real hesitation in using kitty litter to get rid of the glue smell would be what the litter could possibly do to the armour's finish. Kitty litter is rather abrasive; it'd be like burying a piece of armour in a pile of aquarium gravel. I dunno...wrap the armour in a single layer of tissue paper or gauze or whatnot?

Sounds weird, but it worked for my cards.

Rob