I think I'm about done, but first I have 2 questions.

I have two question about my blaster scope, and the things that connect the chest to back over the shoulder. I did a hasbro conversion and those stupid little orange scope ends broke when I took them off. So essentially I just have a straight through hole (see pics below).

Originally I planned to try to go find some pvc caps that would fit this but working in the pool industry for a few years I don't think there is a size that will fit. Any suggestions? Is it ok to keep it like this or do I need to find a way to adjust it?

sISvdCe.jpg

zCFf9wr.jpg

As far as the shoulder pieces I think what I need to do is trim them a little bit to make them shorter, as you will see in the pics they stick out a lot. Or another thing I was thinking is maybe I could heat them up so they form a little better to my shoulder? Any suggestions?

gVEyeGE.jpg

Thanks, went out in my armor to a party the other night for the first time, it was awesome! :D

On 7/26/2010 at 12:37 AM, VeryQueasy said:

I have two question about my blaster scope, and the things that connect the chest to back over the shoulder. I did a hasbro conversion and those stupid little orange scope ends broke when I took them off. So essentially I just have a straight through hole (see pics below).

Originally I planned to try to go find some pvc caps that would fit this but working in the pool industry for a few years I don't think there is a size that will fit. Any suggestions? Is it ok to keep it like this or do I need to find a way to adjust it?

As far as the shoulder pieces I think what I need to do is trim them a little bit to make them shorter, as you will see in the pics they stick out a lot. Or another thing I was thinking is maybe I could heat them up so they form a little better to my shoulder? Any suggestions?

Thanks, went out in my armor to a party the other night for the first time, it was awesome! :D

Your armor looks great! The scope pictures seem dark. Can you lighten them up or take some more with better light?

Andy

After looking at a few more pictures of other people's armor, I noticed I'm placing the white elastic in the wrong area which would be why they stick out so much. This being said, and judging from the picture, do you think the length they are at this point is good enough? Or should I trim them a little?

After looking at a few more pictures of other people's armor, I noticed I'm placing the white elastic in the wrong area which would be why they stick out so much. This being said, and judging from the picture, do you think the length they are at this point is good enough? Or should I trim them a little?

Nathan,

There is a thread about modding the Hasbro E11 scope. Someone went out and bought pipe fittings and plexiglass to mod the scope. Also there is a good tutorial about cutting the scope and the rail off and putting on a more acurate one with a replica resin one from "Doopy Doo's". It turned out awesome.

One thing I did notice is that the plastic rib sholder straps need to be closer to the back plate. I still do not see about the "white elastic" Take some shots of the front, side and back. So far, your build looks great!

Andy

P.S. are you going to be at the "Toy Show" at Monroeville, Pa next month?

Andy