Hovi Speakers in TK bucket

Hi all from Australia :)

I am just new here and I am just starting to put together my TK and I want to get speakers in the bucket more to the point in the hovis.

I saw this ------- and I am wondering if anyone has used this system and if so what are the good/bad points? Or is there a better option available ie buying all the components sepearately and building it myself? Just be aware I am not that savy with electronics :)

I am also worried about feedback. Can this be overcome by using a directional mic and some soundproofing foam or something behind the speakers??

Any help would be appreciated so I can plan when I put the bucket together.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

The drawbacks I've heard from others is the feedback issue and that some don't find these powerful enough. That's why I'm opting for amps/speakers behind the chest plate.

I have this old trik toy set (it came with some other stuff i bought). It is a powered computer mic (mic with a AA battery in it)and a radio shack mini sound amp taken out of it casing and packed into the trik toy case. The radio shack mini sound amp is not meant to be a voice amp and it has no feedback logic built into it. That is why radio shack does not supply a mic with it. RS sells them for $15. The hovi speakers are okay but Launchpad sells them on this forum and they are much better and run around $10 i think. Also, the trik system does not have a static burst/click unless you count blowing into your mic. You can put together the same system for much cheaper if you want to do the work.

I don't want to get into a debate between hovi speakers and chest/back speakers. The hovi speakers allow you to have sound coming from the aerator tips. The chest/back speaker systems allow you to be heard and understood more easily. There are other pros and cons to both types of systems but I am little biased so i will stop there.

If you are interested in the chest/back speaker systems go to this link. I will hook you up.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I had the hovi speakers..they were"stompers"...accuate and worked well....but like was mentioned, not loud enough. At cons noone could hear me. So now i have my Aker amp i got from Jim ^^behind the chest plate. Best amp ive ever had and everyone can hear me!