Armor is on its way

Thanks for the tips Ed, I'm hoping to hit deployment status before the end of the summer! I have straps in between the ab plates but they were a bit loose in the photo. I tried the top part on the other night and it evens up a bit, but there is still a bit of a gap between them. My wife is going to use the extra canvas we have left over from the belt to help seal up the sides, I think a bit of velcro on the material and on the plates should do it.

I just finished up the belt drop boxes yesterday, as well as added some elastic to the shoulders and wrists. I sitll have to work out the webbing from the thighs to the abs though, I think thats todays project.

I do have one question, is there anyway to significantly fill in ABS plastic, for example, if you cut a one hole too many on the frown of the a helmet, is there a way to fill it in smooth, sand and paint over it? Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, long time no post!

------

I really do not like the way the decal is sitting on the right tear, any suggestions?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020