Shin Arnmor Velcro Malfunction

I have basically completed my armor kit today for exception of just doing a little tweeking here & there. Now, wouldn't you know the absolute last piece I finished was attaching velcro to my right shin armor and I ran into a malfunction of the velcro not attaching along the edge. I replaced and repositioned it and it still leaves to much exposed.

My left shin piece and all both thigh armor is looking really good, no problem. Its just the right shin that giving me a problem and Its starting to aggravate the $%@^ out of me as I can't seem to find a fix to the problem.

By chance anyone have a solution to this little malfunction? Or am I just overreacting?

Thanks

Hj7FEBi.jpg

One thing that I do before I put that back cover strip on the calf, is make sure that the closure is correct first – before applying the Velcro. The problem is that your outer calf is not laying flat on the inner calf at the back. I fold the outer calf under the inner calf (so that the Velcro “doesn’t work”) and carefully heat up the back of the side and back of the outside calf with a heat gun.

By bending and holding the outer calf beyond the shape that you want, after you have heated and cooled it – it will “be” the shape you want, since it always bounces back slightly.

Does that make sense?

I have the same problem with one of my shins but I've learned to live with it. The opening scene of A New Hope had Stormtroopers invading the rebel starship and the backs of their calve pieces were opening up.

Yeah heating it up and bending is probibly the best idea. I would recomend useing a heatgun but if your brave or foolish enough try the stove....that's what I do lol. Just be very careful and go slow.