I know every newbie has asked but...

I know that every new trooper wanna be like me asks but I don't want to mess this up. I am 5'10 and 200 lbs (hopefully a little less soon if P90X works!).

I hear so much about the different types of armor and what fits who and so on. I was looking at the AM because it seemed to be a good mix of look and affordability. BUT, if it is going to be to big and to much of a pain to modify then maybe I should look elsewhere? I'm not the greatest guy when it comes to modifying so as little as possible the better.

Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have built an AP and also helped build both AM an FX. I don't think the AM is easy at all, because you have to cut everything off because it's made to fit big people. There is also return edges, so the good old overlapping tecnique from FX isn't as easy. I would say you should use the strips tecnique when building an AM, and when you have to cut everything smaller there isn't much better than building an AP. In fact, I think an AP is easier, because there you have the lines to work with when cutting.

I thought FX was a good alternative for those who wasn't too experienced, but I think they lost that advantage with AM.

Just my thoughts. :)

Edited by TK-8224

Although you are not overly tall, at 200 pounds you may struggle to fit into AP armour...

Before you spend any money and regret it try to get in touch with local troopers in your garrison and look at what kit they have and see what may suit you best.

Although you are not overly tall, at 200 pounds you may struggle to fit into AP armour...

Before you spend any money and regret it try to get in touch with local troopers in your garrison and look at what kit they have and see what may suit you best.

That is my fear, my weight. I am slowly shedding the pounds and I hope to lose at least another 10 lbs in the next month or so. I feel like I am stuck in between. Not to tall or to short.

I fear getting a set and screwing it up during the build. So the less improvising I need to do the better. I can trim and, glue and even heat and bend if need be, but if I need to start improvising or making parts to fill in gaps I get a little nervous. I am spending a lot of money and want it to look great!

I am starting to lean the AP route but, I'll wait and see. I am getting anxious and wanting to get started though! :D

Thanks so much for everyones advice!