Don't make me take my belt off!

Hey Guys and Gals,

I have recently upgraded my AP half belt (lol) to a beautiful full length belt from flukstarbucker (thanks Will).

So, I sit down last night and think, how do I: First, attach it to the ABS belt? and Second, how do I secure it to my ab so it doesn't slip down?

For the AP belt, it was pretty simple (for those of you not familiar with the AP belt, it is two pieces that velcros together at the back, then is attached to either end of the ABS belt) I just snapped it to either end of the ABS belt, then had one snap in the middle of the ABS belt which then snapped directly to the ab.

So, I thought I'd put it out there and see how everyone else does it, then of course, steal the best idea(s) ;)

Thanks Gang,

You have a cloth belt?

Velcro tight in the gut area and away you go. If it slides around, then just add in a few little velcro tabs to keep it centered.

The snaps do help, but I also added some velcro to the front of my ab-plate (just a small peice below the buttons). I might also add some velcro to the kidney plate eventually. Other than that it stays put quite well.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Thanks guys, this is great stuff :) I have 3 snaps on the ABS belt (female) and one snap on the middle of the ab (male) and I don't want to permanently attach the canvas and ABS because I plan on doing an ESB variation at the end of the year.

Keep it coming!

Take a look at Mark / Firebladejedi's tutorial. His is all held with snaps so that all the pieces can be removed. This way, you can make a second canvas belt and just snap all the parts on it.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Take a look at Mark / Firebladejedi's tutorial. His is all held with snaps so that all the pieces can be removed. This way, you can make a second canvas belt and just snap all the parts on it.http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=665

Thanks Terry! I saw that pic of Mark's Tutorial, but I couldn't tell from it which parts snapped to the ABS Belt and which part(s) snapped to the ab. It looks like on the on the belt the outer two were male and the inner one female. Any ideas?

I too used Firebladejedi's technique of attachment, could not be happier. I am also sporting his ESB canvas belt, which is awsome( holds my leather holster w/ blaster very well). Here are a few pics

back

http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv240/tkvontrooper/ATAbuild/ata140.jpg

ab plate

http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv240/tkvontrooper/ATAbuild/ata136.jpg

hope this helps

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I did exactually the same as 4702 on my AM kit and it works a treat. The belt doesn't slip down it stays in place all day.

Remember to slide a piece of ABS into the section of the belt where the holster will mount. It gives it more strength and stops the belt from buckling over.

Edited by strooper

Thanks Guys, finished it up the other night, to my surprise all it took was adding two males to the canvas on either end to line up with my existing two females on the ABS Belt. I then added a female in the middle of the canvas to line up with the existing male in the middle of my ab. Worked great, no slippage at all.

Remember to slide a piece of ABS into the section of the belt where the holster will mount. It gives it more strength and stops the belt from buckling over.

Flukestarbucker's belts come with that pre-inserted and moulded to wrap around the torso. Great belt.

Thanks again to everyone for all of your help!