Who is my Boss Docomo Japan Promotion

Thought I would share over here as well. We have been busy! Hence why I have been scarce a little as of late.

Our GPR wrote up a very good description of what we are up to, so I will just use his words. The links at the bottom go to youtube, and I am in the first and last link. Vader, but with my buds in TK.

Begin Transmission...

Ok I am here to give more details

There is currently a viral marketing campaign being conducted by popular cellphone carrier NTT DoCoMo here in Japan. In this campaign Darth Vader is being used. This campaign is not related to Star Wars, and Vader is being used as "celebrity endorsement." Does that make sense? For me, I was reminded of the old Energizer Battery commercial that featured Vader.

4585068513_af163fff26_o.jpg

The tag line of this campaign is "Who is My Boss?" In the commercial (viewable online) Vader is looking for his Boss. If you live in Japan, the online experience can continue. By entering your name (in one of the Japanese alphabets) and uploading/linking a photo of yourself, You will appear on posters as Vader continues his search. You are also given a phone number to call with a PIN number at the start of all this. When you call the Video continues with a phone ringing on screen. At the end of the Video and seeing your photo all over the place, Vader calls YOU. Your phone rings, and when you answer it you can here Vader. Example: "Kenichi. NO! My Boss is much stronger than you!"

4585694470_906020cd81_o.jpg

OK, so where does the 501st fit into this? Well, we were asked to provide a Vader for the commercial and photo shoots. Our CO Kenichi (SL-5331), who coincidentally works at DoCoMo (albeit a different department and was unaware of this project) is featured in the Video and Posters currently on display all around Japan. Our GML Nathan (SL-9135) was also used and he may be featured in the second half of this project. iisan, is the third Vader used and appeared on tour (as well as Nathan and Ken)

Over the course of the past week we have been actively involved with making appearances around Japan. Vader as well as two Stormtroopers (or TD) toured Japan in search of Vader's "Boss"

4585068551_9f7c4a39c5_o.jpg

The purpose of this was to create a buzz and spread the word via Twitter and other social networks in Japan.

From April 26 - May 4th we appeared in 9 cities across Japan. From Fukuoka in the south all the way to Sapporo in the North. Our member were flown around Japan and given food and hotels so that we could participate in this event. It was pretty exciting but also very exhausting.

As to who is Vader's Boss, we have to wait until May 10th for that to be announced. I'll make another report then.

Videos:

福岡 / Fukuoka, April 26

渋谷 / Shibuya, April 29

仙台 / Sendai, May 2

高松 / Takamatsu, May 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4tWbeH4 ... re=related

大阪 / Osaka, May 2

札幌 / Sapporo, May 1

名古屋 / Nagoya, April 29

金沢 / Kanazawa, May 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jbYu9OB ... re=related

広島 / Hiroshima, May 4