O2 Belt Clip - New Feature?

Hey!

Do you guys think it would be useful to have additional rivet holes, on the backs of my O2 Can Belt Clips? Do you think having your thermal detonator permanently attached to your belt a good idea, or instead, like the option of removing them? I'm thinking of adding these additional rivet holes to my clips as an option. But I'm wondering if it was worth doing, or what you think. Let me know?

J

Edited by TK 4702

The current version sits really nice and snug over a thick canvas belt. It's really secure so a permanent attachment really shouldn't be necessary.

The cannister also sits directly over the velcro fastening so I can only see it getting in the way if permanently attached.

Just one opinion. If I understand rightly, you make these to order so you could always do one prototype to show and offer the option in case anyone thinks it might be useful.

The current version sits really nice and snug over a thick canvas belt. It's really secure so a permanent attachment really shouldn't be necessary.

The cannister also sits directly over the velcro fastening so I can only see it getting in the way if permanently attached.

Just one opinion. If I understand rightly, you make these to order so you could always do one prototype to show and offer the option in case anyone thinks it might be useful.

Thanks for the input! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What material you used for the clips? Aluminium about 1" wide, I understood, but was there any surface treatment? Why I am asking, is that the standard material sold here is the eloxated (anodized) and thus quite matte in appearance and I don't know if this is up to the EIB standards...

What material you used for the clips? Aluminium about 1" wide, I understood, but was there any surface treatment? Why I am asking, is that the standard material sold here is the eloxated (anodized) and thus quite matte in appearance and I don't know if this is up to the EIB standards...

There's NO surface treatment on these, other than sanding and buffing. My clips are shiny!

Edited by TK 4702

NO surface treatment, other than sanding and buffing. They are shiny!

My impression is that they are suppose to be shiny. Will keep on lookin' and lootin'!! B)

I'll post up pictures of my latest TD clip. Mine is a "closed loop" design that you slide on and off your belt. i was tired of mine coming off all the time, so I made my own clips out of ABS. It would be cool if they were aluminum. :)