Need some advice on armor

Hi,

Im about to buy/build my first armor. Ive tried to read up on all different suits (TM, RT-mod, AP, TE, TE2, FX, PT etc, etc, etc). Im a tad confused. What suit should I aim for? Im 6'0ft/187p with slightly larger then average legs (well trained/muscular). The RT-mod might be what Im looking for? What are the pros and cons of dif suits? Id def want to be able to troop so durability is desirable. How would one order the suits in regards of cost (not including all extras)?

Ah, found How to buy armor. Good reading.

Im dedicated enough to assemble/craft/modify myself.

Looking forward to hear your input :D

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I'd say that you can pretty much wear whatever you want. I'm 6'0" and was 180lbs when I last bought armor. Personally I think the fan made sculpts such as RT, AM, and TM will be easier to make work for your build, though again people much larger than you have gone the TE/AP (and derived) route with success.

I'm just about your height/weight, and I'm building the AP kit. It works for me, but just barely. If you want a guaranteed fit, go with one of the larger fan sculpts. I think the AM will be my next suit.

I wear the RT kit, and at our last troop, one of the other guys in the garrison wore his newly-assembled AM. Now, this is just my opinion, but I still liked the RT a little better. To me, the thighs & chest/back look and fit more like the screen-derived suits than the AM. Having said that, the AM kit is a significant improvement over the FX (which still looks good on its own). There are some large differences in design between the FX and AM suits, noticeable in the redesign of the sheaves (calves), biceps, and thigh pieces. There are likely other changes as well, but those were what stood out to me when I saw the suit in person.

I'm 6'3" & just over 200 lbs, and I could just barely squeeze into my AP kit without having overmuch black showing, but the RT is more comfortable for my build. I do believe you could make a TE/AP suit work for you, but both AM & RT are designed for larger/taller troopers in mind (or ease of resizing with AM), so I think you would be more comfortable in going that route.

Terry - I'd love to see a side by side of you and your garrison mate in his AM. It would be informative to see how they differ - both are nice suits really, as you say.

I don't think anyone got shots of us side-by-side at that troop, but the next time we troop together I'll be sure to do that, as I'd also like to be able to see a comparison of the suits when *not* wearing one.