Purchasing Armor Kits?

Hey there eveyone!

So I've been trying to research information on buying an TK armor kit and have been somewhat confused.

I've been looking on ebay, but the armor up for sale makes no reference as to whether it is AP, FX or TE.

Is there a list of sites I should be looking at in order to get an authentic kit? I don't want to purchase a generic kit that won't be approved by the 501st and I don't want to get taken by spending too much for cheap armor. Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction?

Also, I'm kind new to posting and I'm not sure what PM means. Keep seeing people being PMed information. Can someone PM with armor purchasing details?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan,

Your best bet is to check with someone in your local garrison. They should be able to point you in the right direction and they may even be able to help you put it all together.

Good luck man

Also, I'm kind new to posting and I'm not sure what PM means. Keep seeing people being PMed information. Can someone PM with armor purchasing details?

PM means "Private Message." You've got one. ;)

• 2 months later...

I usually post in the clonetroopers forums because I used to have that armor but now I'm working on a tie pilot outfit. Can anyone PM me where to get a TK chest and back plate? I was going to bondo it into Tie-pilot armor and then paint it glossy black. I'm just starting the project so any help is more than welcome.

THANKS AGAIN!

I usually post in the clonetroopers forums because I used to have that armor but now I'm working on a tie pilot outfit. Can anyone PM me where to get a TK chest and back plate? I was going to bondo it into Tie-pilot armor and then paint it glossy black. I'm just starting the project so any help is more than welcome.

THANKS AGAIN!

Why would you do that when you can get the right pieces in the first place. Drop by the Jolly Rogers Squadren and you will be able to find the right stuff there.

Gundamzeppelin said:

this link should explain things for you.

-----------

How kind of you to reply to my post. :)

But all I figured out is that me and Tk1536 had a lot in common, you know, like being in death metal bands and music and stuff as well as costuming. Is thier a significance to this site to do with my Tie-pilot help? sorry, I'm a bit slow.

Thanks!!!

-Andre.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Why would you do that when you can get the right pieces in the first place. Drop by the Jolly Rogers Squadren and you will be able to find the right stuff there.

Thanks, I''ve already tried looking thier this morning and thier was barley any forum activity and i think it's cheaper to buy stormtrooper armor (chest and back) and convert that than to buy Tie-pilot armor. My guess being because it's black and thiers less armor on a tie-pilot anyways. I'll check again though. Thanks for th reply :) :)

-Andre

Andre, the tk1536 site has a great break-down of the different stormtrooper armors, which I think was a reply to the question in your first post.

For the TIE armor, in addition to the different backplate keep in mind there is a raised flat area added to the chest behind the chestbox that is not there on a stormtrooper. There are several makers who do TIE specific parts, and you'll probably find them to be no more expensive than their stormtrooper equivalents and they'll already have the detail down, plus they will probably already be in black, saving you some painting.

Andre, the tk1536 site has a great break-down of the different stormtrooper armors, which I think was a reply to the question in your first post.

For the TIE armor, in addition to the different backplate keep in mind there is a raised flat area added to the chest behind the chestbox that is not there on a stormtrooper. There are several makers who do TIE specific parts, and you'll probably find them to be no more expensive than their stormtrooper equivalents and they'll already have the detail down, plus they will probably already be in black, saving you some painting.

Hmm, okay, that would surley save time on applying bondo to the chest and back piece, which was my intentional plan, but also it would save time on the primer and black gloss spraying. Who could provide me with those armor parts I need? You can PM me if you feel it's better. Yeah I discoverd that Tk1536 has amazing referencing to Tie pilot links. Really helplful.

Thanks so much!

-Andre