opinions on this helmet?

DA is a CAP recast.

Does anyone know was it cap who said he didnt care who recast him ??

Yep.

I know it's such a minor detail, but the distance from the ears to the tear and the shortness in height of the frown are really leaning me to VT, or possibly a HGHIPS (this helmet looks way too shiny) recast of VT.

Edited by TK-7980

I know it's such a minor detail, but the distance from the ears to the tear and the shortness in height of the frown are really leaning me to VT, or possibly a HGHIPS (this helmet looks way too shiny) recast of VT.

The distance from the ears to the tear surely would differ from helmet to helmet depending on the trimming and who put it together? ( i set this one using a guide i found a link to here ).

I think its ABS it was just polished after the final build for he pics. :)

One things for sure, Its a TE/TE2 bumpy cap derivative. The bumpy cap is not on most other helmets. So it could be any kind of helmet from the CAP recastings I think. If it is ABS this would be the first bumpy in ABS in a while. Possibly an old TE ABS bumpy? OR maybe...maybe TE2 has started making ABS helmets? So where did you get it?

Edited by TK-4510

Interesting too is the pills in the tears. thats not too present on TE or TE2 that I have noticed.

When i first saw it i looked around to try to find out what it was but the closest i found was an early CAP but thats just a cast T*E so has it differences, maybe we will never know what it is im just glad i got it.

We know for sure its not TM (i wish, mmmm shexy armour) and im sure if it was TE2 then he wouldve claimed it, Joe R said hes sure its not a DA so that doesent leave too much but it mustve come from the T*E line somewhere. B)