AP armor and TM helmet...anyone have this combo?

So im thinking about picking up a TM bucket to replace my AP bucket, but TM tells me his is acrylic capped ABS so it will be shinier and whiter than the AP ABS. I dont mind the shine as i polished up my armor pretty good, so it will likely be close enough. What im concerned about is the color. Anyone use AP armor with a TM bucket that might have pics so i can see how drastic the difference is? I dont mind it being a bit whiter, but id like to see what it looks like if i can before confirming an order with the great TM. thanks troopers!

I know Nathan uses a TM lid with his FX armor. I know its not AP but it might help seeing the color difference on his rig. Check it out here. ----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

On my ESB EIB application you can see the color and shine match is pretty close between TM esb handplates and my AP armor. I was really surprised at just how much different capped is in depth and shine quality.

I'm sure you wouldn't be disapointed!

just seeing this thread makes me want to buy a TM helmet just to see the subtle differences!

and after looking at just how wonky an SDS lid can be... I'm not sure I'd want an SDS in my collection.

(maybe it will eventually!)

I think the AP armor is more of a "off white" (warmer) compared to the TM armor, which is more of a "brilliant white" (colder). But it's very slight... it almost depends on the light your in, and how old your armor is. I've noticed how my AP lid is getting more yellow (in parts) over time. I'm actually considering painting it glossy white, due to the yellowing.

Edited by jawa001

my EIB photos all have this UV type of car wax:

'turtle wax 2001' super protectant- with sun stop.

rubber, vinyl, plastic, leather.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13

I bought my HIPS TM armor second hand. The TM helmet had numerous cracks, sadly, and also, I´m kinda short, so I decided on using my AP helmet (from a previous FX armor, AP helmet type marriage) with my TM armor, as I felt it looked more proportional to my height and build. Here´s a side-by-side of the two helmets:

-----------

...I´ve never had the opportunity to compare the AP helmet to the ABS TM armor, but it matches the older HIPS TM armor pretty well. Also, being a TD, the weathering helps with camouflaging any subtle differences in color or sheen.

Edited by gmrhodes13