IE7 Limited functionality

Dmian

I don't know if this happens only to me or other IE7 users experience the same. Maybe somebody can help me out with this.

At work I have a very limited environment for my internet access. I can't use anything other than IE7, and a lot of the scripts on webpages are limited or rejected at all. (In fact, I have limited access to https servers too, for example.)

Since the new page is up I noticed that most of the AJAX functionality of the page went away when I'm browsing from the office (I have no problem at all when browsing from home using Chrome.)

In the previous version I could click on the forum's icon and it marked such forum as read without reloading the page, but in the new version whenever I click on it, it needs to reload the whole page.

Another thing is that the pulldown menu used to access the profile is not working for me. I can click on it, and it will take me directly to my profile, but I can't see the options on the menu, so it's virtually impossible to get to my PMs (as those are only accessible from the pulldown menu.)

Is that working the same for other IE7 users?

Cheers.

Well, I had an idea and sneaked Chrome Portable on my machine. It worked (to my surprise, as Firefox Portable was unable to grab the resources and permissions to surf,) and I experienced the same limitations, so it looks like it must be some kind of script blocking. :(

...I need to remember to keep a link to a message, so I can get to my PMs from there.

Cheers.

I don't have IE7 anymore (both Win2008R2 and Win7 ship with IE8 by default), but I'm running IE8 & FF3.6 with no issues aside from one CSS issue in IE8 around search.

Does anyone have IE7 that they can cross check? I ask in that I'm able to get 100% functionality in both IE8 & FF3.6, and cannot repro any of these issues in either browser.

Don't worry Paul, I'm pretty sure it's due to a script-blocking software at my company (Finjan Web Security).

What I'm seeing is the fall-back mechanism, that is working pretty well, indeed! :D

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Dmian