Modding my Sci-Fire E-11

These pics are copied over from my ESB trooper build thread, but I wanted to post these specific ones here since they deal with my blaster.

This is my Sci-Fire E-11 that I modded for ESB. I removed the counter and cylinders (which were very easy to "snap-off"). I drilled out all the holes so they're actually holes now and not just "indentations," and I then repainted the entire thing... first silver, then black, then added battle damage "weathering" of silver on top of it all. I also drilled a hole in the back for the "d-ring."

I was happy with this blaster before... now I'm ecstatic!!!

And what's cool is this works for my sandtrooper still as the counter / etc. aren't required for a TD!! B)

Here are the pics...

ESB_E-11_01.jpg

Here you can see (sort of) the holes I drilled out along the barrel...

ESB_E-11_02.jpg

ESB_E-11_03.jpg

ESB_E-11_04.jpg

ESB_E-11_05.jpg

ESB_E-11_06.jpg

Here's the hole I drilled out for the d-ring...

ESB_E-11_07.jpg

Edited by No'l

Little over the top weathering for my taste, and it doesn't look "random" enough, if you catch my meaning. But that's just my personal opinion, to each his own.

Like DarthChridan pointed out, the t-tracks and the grip pieces were rubber/plastic on the original and shouldn't show metallic wear coming through. But a lot of people do that anyways.

I hope I'm not to straightforward. I mention this as constructive critique only!

I hope I'm not to straightforward. I mention this as constructive critique only!

Straightforward is great!

I've actually been thinking I'm going to do it one more time. After watching ESB last night (and pausing on every-single-shot of blasters) I decided this was "too much" weathering for me too. B)

I always love hearing what others say!

To each his own is right... but, we ALSO do this for each other too... right?! I mean the praise of the "501st" as a whole is certainly desirable. Otherwise I'd be making all kinds of random garbage. :D

Thanks for not taking this the wrong way, it may have sounded/read as a little rude.

But since my DLT-19 weathering is version 3 or 4 by now, and I've taken quite some advice from others serious to improve it, I thought I point out what I see.

BTW, it's always a good thing to re-watch ESB! ;)

Great detail work with all the holes drilled. One more thing, you could drill out the front sight and then shape it with a file. I did this for my ESB E-11 as well since my front sight was a solid piece, just as is yours. Easy mod!

BTW, here is a pic of mine:

4427156064_a02956c05f_b.jpg

Edited by ObiHahn

I've already repainted mine. I will add back SOME weathering. This time too I can do "copper / gold" on the scope.

I need to smooth down the side just behind the cartridge clip where I removed the counter. It's kind of "rough" right now, and with the gun more black than "scratched up" looking it stands out.

Good suggestion on the site too.

I also considered cutting out the section between the "bar" that the scope sits on. But I doubt I try that anytime soon.

Thanks for the pic!

Nice blaster!!