I dont understand people

SirDenzington89

Over the past two days I have been doing a lot reading here and on the rpf even tho im not a member there. I found the profiles of both TE and GINO (why does he hate the FISD so much?????) and of course being the curious person I am I was reading through past topics and posts. It did nothing but enrage me. How GINO gets sleep at night I dont know. Insulting people for what they enjoy (dressing up as he calls it), acting like hes some super human with a higher knowlege of star wars. Then TE, well everyone is wise to his ways by now. "oh just last night my basement birthed another batch of HDPE helmets!" give me a break. Oh and they are going for 500 bucks. How absurd. I dont care how much of a "peice of art" it is. In reality its a piece of plastic. 500 bucks or 1000+ seems like highway robbery to me. It almost makes a nice helmet unattainable. Granted im realativly new but not a complete idiot or a noob at that. In fact I am working on my armor which some people call a recast. I was having fun with it until i read all that #$%^ and it made me want to scrap the whole thing. I dont understand how you can think that you are the end all be all of the star wars prop world just cause you got lucky and ended up in the Archives. FYI it could have been anyone else and that roles would be switched. Honestly as I was reading posts from GINO on an especially heated TM helmet thread (im sure some of you know which one) I found myself laughing. Yeah I know youve provided some GREAT info but get a life man and stop trying to belittle people who just want to learn. Honestly I beleive recasting is wrong but I think people just take it to the next level for no reason. Guess I just put myself out there to be slammed but i just couldnt take it anymore. Im glad those 2 were banned cause had I got on this forum before that happend I would have run for the hills. Unbelievable. Sorry for the ranting and raving and for any offense taken

John, it is unfortunate that people do have to take it to a level (and I am not naming names, we all know who), that thwarts the enjoyment of a hobby and to an extent diminishes the good work that a group of people, the 501st, do. I know that you read that ATA, to some, is considered a recast, because of it being from Cap and parts from TE2. But, Cap said that he did not care if anyone recast his stuff and TE2 gave his blessing on this particular situation with ATA. So do not feel like you are short changed in your decision on what kit you bought. Who I feel were short changed, are the people that had to deal with a couple of prop makers who believe that they are above everyone else.

There have been more "Jerry Springer moments" about the unscrupulous ways two prop makers have treated some good people over some plastic. I for one am glad that we do have some outstanding, honest armor makers here, so that we do not have to fall prey to the mercenary tactics of a couple of unscrupulous and uncaring egomaniacs.

The one good thing about being able to see the history of those times, is that you learn not to let history repeat itself and look at it as a learning experience.

It was probably unecessary to name names like I did and I apologize. It was just in the heat of the moment. It just gets at me when people take the work of GL/AA/SDS/RMQ ETC and think that they know all about it and they own the rights to that helmet, chest box, blaster, etc. WE are supposed to be in this together. I know im probably just beating and old horse to death. Also it gets under my skin when I put up pictures of the suit I am working on and I know people are sitting at their computers "wow nice recast" etc. I cant afford a TM, TE2 or AP. I believe that the ATA looks great and I think T is a great guy from the correspondences we've had and Im not trying to impress people here Im trying to impress the public. I guess I just had to get this off my mind. Sorry guys, you are all great. :salute:

Edited by JD-89

It was probably unecessary to name names like I did and I apologize. It was just in the heat of the moment. It just gets at me when people take the work of GL/AA/SDS/RMQ ETC and think that they know all about it and they own the rights to that helmet, chest box, blaster, etc. WE are supposed to be in this together. I know im probably just beating and old horse to death. Also it gets under my skin when I put up pictures of the suit I am working on and I know people are sitting at their computers "wow nice recast" etc. I cant afford a TM, TE2 or AP. I believe that the ATA looks great and I think T is a great guy from the correspondences we've had and Im not trying to impress people here Im trying to impress the public. I guess I just had to get this off my mind. Sorry guys, you are all great. :salute:

The funny thing about it is companies that compete in a legal market (selling armor is not technically legal, Lucas arts just doesn't crack down on the makers if they don't openly advertise.) do stuff like this all the time, only through litigation and patent/copyright laws. It's just human nature sadly.

John, there is no reason to apologize. Anyone here that has dealt directly or indirectly with Matt and Gino have felt anger. rage and disappointment. You don't need to feel that anybody is looking upon your suit in any other way than it's one of the many great armor kits that are here.

The one thing that I see is that you put heart and passion into your build and that shows in the end results. That is half the battle.

Don't let want a few narrow minded people disillusion you, stand proud with your armor.

A lot of people have realised what's wrong with gino and te and nowadays they are not regarded as the be all of everything STARWARS.

I no longer think either of them sit at the top of the tree anymore.

I'm very new myself. And I've browsed fisd for 3 months straight and I love it. I've found those threads that you guys are speaking of but to me. All I really love from this, the nice people here and TK's. We all have a common bond here.

I am running a FX suit. I know its not even really good to become EIB and I'd love to own a nice suit such as TE2 or AP. But in the end. I love my fx because its something I put together as a hobby. I don't care about what people think. But I don't use the FX lid. I love looking at lids and I love the lids that a lot of guys here produce.

Enough of my blabbering. I still enjoy fisd and browse it daily and I will for a long time.

Troopers Helping Troopers. FISD is where you will find that.

As much as the "saga" is a part of the past in this hobby... Thankfully we can leave it there here on the FISD. I know I have spanned the waters in that drama, and as with most of all of us... Moved on from it.