Jump to content

DarthWaya

Member
  • Posts

    53
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About DarthWaya

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Ladson, SC
  • Interests
    Star Wars, Crushing Rebel scum and bringing order to the Galaxy. Also, cooking, gaming, and reading.

Standard Info

  • Name
    Jason
  • 501st Unit
    None yet

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Here's the latest photos the armorer sent me. Needed to clean the right ear where some paint had run. This is pre straps.
  2. Happy to say I heard from Imperial Assembly Line today he plans to have my kit finished this weekend. Now I really need to finish my Mando kit so I can get my E-11 done.
  3. Will definitely post some photos here soon. Sadly, with the exception of the Deluxe Trooper helmet I'm wearing in my updated profile pic, all the other buckets I've printed, while Star Wars related, they're not TKs or CTs. Otherwise I would love to show them off. LOL Pretty proud of my bucket wall.
  4. I ended up going to Imperial Assembly Line/ Shawn Cantey to finish my build for me. Definitely bit off more than I could chew with my lack of experience and other issues that got in the way. Oddly enough I think if I had started with my 3D printed Mandalorian kit as my first costume, I may had been better off, since I was just problem solving rather than going an established route, so I understand the process better now.
  5. My wife's words...."They don't know the half of it". So far I've printed a Deluxe Mandalorian suit for me and a Deluxe Bo Katan for my daughter. The wall behind me in my new profile pic currently has 8 helmets on it. (Graphite powder is great for getting the Beskar look btw.) Ironically, still haven't finished my E11
  6. Just to verify I am still alive....
  7. Hey Guys, Started a build over a year ago, then the pandemic exploded, plus my wife had some health issues, so my 501st dream got put on hold. Eventually reached out to Shawn Cantey of Imperial Assembly Line, (Pretty sure he's a Carolina Garrison member), to finish my build as I had clearly bitten off more than I can chew. He's down to the strapping, so will be putting my app in soon for my ANH Stunt TK. Picked up a new hobby in the meantime, directly related to my search for an E11. 3D Printing. Now I just need to assemble the one I printed. Meantime, I've got 3 printers going nonstop these days. (Currently printing a Mandalorian kit.) Anyway, I'm back.
  8. Spent my build time today working on gluing the suit, (slow process with the limited amount of spring clamps I have, but can keep buying more.), putting in my frown screen and assembling my belt. Question on the holster... I'm a little confused by the wording in the CRL, specifically "The holster is affixed with only two fasteners at the bottom, one on each side." So does that refer to how the holster is affixed to the belt by the 2 straps up top?
  9. Ugh. So, tried to fix the original ears. Including trying to fix the countersink issue using the technique in one of the tutorials. Somehow I managed to screw that up, so now 1 hole on each ear is too big for my current screws. May be salvageable if slightly larger screws than the 6/32" screws I have are acceptable? Moved to the second ears. Used the toothpick/pencil/rubber band method. Only got the one ear done so far, and pretty sure I over trimmed it. I'm gonna put it down for the day and go bang my head on the wall.
  10. Thanks for the info. Think I might need to do the ears. over from scratch. Don't know why the pics are showing so small. I was actually worried they were too big... Been editing down to 400x5-something on imgur. These next 2 closeups are 500x667
  11. Thanks for the tutorial. Once again, glad I bought ATA. I think I need to redo my ears from scratch.
  12. So, forging ahead. I'm still not 100% on the ears, but if I screwed them up too badly, then thankfully my kit came with 2 identical sets. Letting paint and plasti dip dry today, then tomorrow. I'll put in lenses and padding, plus start working on assembly of the suit itself. Unfortunately my snaps and the remainder of my elastic, strapping and velcro won't be here for another week.
  13. Thanks for the tip. Here's some additional further back shots. Front... Here's the right hand side of the helmet, the one that the brow is sitting low on. I still had a gap, and put a 3rd rivet under where the ear will go to solve that issue. Closeup of the right hand side cause I don't think I have enough material to adjust that side but could be wrong. And lastly, the left hand side.
×
×
  • Create New...