Jump to content

Doomhammer

Member
  • Content Count

    14
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Doomhammer

  • Rank
    Private
  • Birthday 05/17/1989

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Soest, Germany

Standard Info

  • Name
    Ian

Recent Profile Visitors

215 profile views
  1. Today, for the first time, I wore everything at the same time. I noticed that it still has to be reworked in some places for freedom of movement (can't take off the helmet on my own). Then a misfortune happened when I tried to attach the boxes to the left shin ... For whatever reason it broke right there where I spread the ABS paste between the box and the shin (suddenly seemed brittle). Hasn't happened to me before with the ABS paste and I can't explain it to myself. Now I have to save it somehow or, in the wor
  2. I have adjusted the spats as far as possible, fine tuning is still missing, so that the upper edge is straight. At first I only put on the boxes from the left Shin for optics. since they should lie on seamlessly, they still have to be sanded a little. To attach the holster I made a construction of ABS scraps and Chicago screws ... will follow in the next post with further progress. At this point, thank you very much for your feedback! I appreciate it very much
  3. I decided to highlight the indentations on the yoke more clearly and cut them into thirds. The distance between the indentations is about 4mm and, after drying, the upper and lower areas must be filled with ABS paste. The magnets on the abdomen are now finally fixed and it can be buckled on easily. To wear it, it will held with a suspender as soon as the TD is adjusted and I know how it looks . Tried to to shape the TD so that it rests better. At the moment I'm still sitting on the left shin with the spat, right thigh to get the (Ddan's) holster in place.
  4. I did a lot of research, looked at WIPS and measured it several times ... unfortunately all of this doesn't help if you, for whatever reason, write down the measurements upside down and glue the parts together incorrectly ... In the meantime, almost everything has been fixed again. Therefore the progress is manageable right Thigh the inner seam will be velcroed later. right shin unfortunetaly a stress fracture during test fitting had to glue in a reinforcement, hope it can be saved ... sanded the shoulde
  5. yesterday I continued to supply some parts with ABS paste to close gaps. When it dried and can be processed, it is sanded and puttied again at ... Wearing it feels good so far. I fixed the back of the torso with magnets to see if it fits the size. Could be made a little narrower, but I still have to think carefully about how to close it at the back (with the TD). Brilliant as I am, I forgot to photograph the back I trimmed the TD and have to adjust it in time, which I will do as soon as I have a plan on how to solve the torso. Upper
  6. Edit: Regarding the cod piece, a member of the German garrison told me that the TFA cod piece would be fine for a basic approval. I will decide to use that first and look for the TLJ cod later, as I am aiming for EIB status (if i don't mess up). so i started to work my way from "Head to toes" I've already cut out the small middle part Quick test, what it would look like. My Plan is, to drill holes for the small rubber bands. But not sure if these are strong enough, so looking for an alternative.
  7. Cut the forearms already. Its enough or need to cut more and the cod piece... mhh not sure if its the one for TLJ would it be enough to cut it like this, or is ist a totaly different form?
  8. So today i trimmed and fixed a few parts I thought of cutting out the red marked to make it easier to put on and to attach the TD with Velcro and magnets. What do you think? Does the shins and thights have a return edge (top/bottom) or not? can't really tell from the references. Thats it so far...
  9. Hi there I introduced myself here at the beginning of the year and am finally ready to start building. After a lot of research, I am still facing with some questions that came up during the build. I don't know how regularly I get to work on it, but try to keep you updated. A good 90% of the parts are already trimmed and progressing slowly but relatively well (i hope so). Fortunately, I can use my brother's workshop (a 10-minute walk away) first test and have to cut a bit more and don't really sure how to connect the back and the front. Unfortunate
  10. Thanks for the (fast) help and advice so far! I asked 850 Armory for a Blaster kit. Is a 3D printed enough or better 100$more for a resin kit? "We can produce a solid resin cast F11 kit at $200. We can 3D print one at $100."
  11. Saw it too and wasn't sure to contact her, but give it a try
  12. I've send an Email already and waiting...
  13. Yeah saw this already, but didn't had enough time so far to dig in. Will spend a closer look the next days. Thanks so far good night
  14. Hello there! I've been looking around the forums for a while now and finally say "Hello". I'm 30 years old, form Germany and trying to figure out what to do, to achieve my goal . I would love to make a TLJ stormtrooper, but don't have any experience to do so. So many shops to choose from and pros/cons for each one of them. After some research I decided to order: Armor kit from KBprops Boots and gloves from IB Undersuit and Neck-seal from stormtrooperundersuit Missing (found no shop so far): Gaskets Belt F-11D Blaster
×
×
  • Create New...