Jump to content

darthkenny

501st Stormtrooper[TK]
  • Content Count

    144
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About darthkenny

  • Rank
    Centurion

FISD Info

  • Centurion Granted Date
    20180202
  • EIB Awards
    1
  • FISD Supporter
    No
  • EIB Cohorts
    ANH-S

Standard Info

  • Name
    Kenton
  • 501st ID
    61399
  • 501st Unit
    Outpost 42

Recent Profile Visitors

269 profile views
  1. Took it for a spin to raise money for pink ribbon Best photo, but part of the front yoke popped out Might keep this one; Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Of course now I see the thighs need to rotate in a bit. Just a matter of sliding then on the belt. Have to train the wife better to spot stuff before taking photos Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. Thanks. First time I saw how big it was was in these photos. I have actually already chopped some of the top off, so now it will hopefully look better. Haven’t worn the new cod yet as this is harder to put on than ottk, but it looks more like the screen used hanging on a hanger now
  4. Done, turns out a couple of snaps are crap and need to upgrade a magnet. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Overwhelming response on Facebook, I can always go glue if I’m not happy with Velcro easier than the other way around. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Velcro added Had to change the shoulder Velcro to be tabs. Lots of unpicking but it wasn’t quite long enough to use the Velcro on the sleeves. I don’t have little arms but despite looking alright during construction the biceps feel a bit loose. Also have to change the clips on the spats. I went with putting the snaps on top so I didn’t have to risk damaging the paint job but it looks a bit budget for my ocd levels. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Belt done. Stickers and fabric behind pull boxes added Big question; anyone think of a reason I can’t glue this, rather than rely on Velcro? I glued my ot tk arm’s stepping and have never had an issue taking them on or off or storing them inside the shins. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Thanks, I have a spare set of pouches if you don’t have one yet Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Lots of sanding, panting and an automotive top coat. Shins Velcroed Belt layers snapped and glued Holster added, though the screw was a bit short and cracked the acrylic as I tried to secure it. I have filled the gap with super glue. Will sand and touch up the paint. Screw goes through the garter to ensure weight is taken well and shifted to my hips not the armor. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Wet sanding 800grit done, much easier than the sanding the primer. A garage full of painted pieces of armor. And a quick screw you to rustoleum for the rand crinkly crap. This one sanded out well and isn’t noticeable, but the spat needs another wet sand and the first spray on the yoke spat lumps meaning that needs sanding again too!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Lots done during the forum down I decided to remake my soft pouches, started by printing my pattern from a cad program called Visio. Cut it out and then cut the pattern out on a stiff called interfacing. This is for stiffening fabrics and irons on to stick. Fiancée has been playing with sewing herself so I’ve learnt stuff too. Stuck to black canvas and then cut again. I sewed the know edges around the top and stared a mixture of sewing and gluing it. Turned inside out and sewed for strength. Glued down some internal seams. A little foam to keep shape. Mark 3 on the left compared to mark 2 with hard plastic inserts. Tall pouch still fits my phone. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Thanks heaps. Skills are improving. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. Now wet sanding, one more coat and strapping. End is in sight Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. I marked a curve around the T-shirt where I thought the gasket would finish. Then cut it out. Looked like this. Then cut the bottom fold to open it up. Opens up to this and the. I have a pattern that fits me. Need to double check the size of the sleeve before and after making to ensure it fits in the biceps top end Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Just sewed in some webbing. Will test it tomorrow. The gasket itself has a little give but I can hit the webbing and sew in some elastic if needed. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
×
×
  • Create New...