Good Vader voice box?

My friend / co-worker is searching for parts for a Vader build, and he asked if I could help in his search.

Anyone know any good resources for a good quality Vader voice changer? He's willing to spend a bit more, and he's entertained the idea of the cheaper ones, but they just don't have the oomph he's looking for. He has a mic and amp / speaker already, so ideally he wants to find a voice changing unit.

I've seen the Hyperdyne one, which seems rather nice but it's also pretty spendy. Any other options worth looking at?

Thanks in advance!

Watch this space... there will be a new ROMFX V3 out in 2010.... it's designed primarily for Vader but will later have TK sounds too..... it's gonna be a killer! Have already seen/heard the prototype and all I can say is... Oh my God! :D

Watch this space... there will be a new ROMFX V3 out in 2010.... it's designed primarily for Vader but will later have TK sounds too..... it's gonna be a killer! Have already seen/heard the prototype and all I can say is... Oh my God! :D

Wait, wait, wait... aside from my TK project, my Vader begins in January. Is there a product that will be on the market comparable/cheaper or better than the Hyperdyne? Crazy as it may seem, if I can save just a bit of the $$$$$$$$$ budget for Vader, I'll be a happy Sith Lord.

Is there a demo out that I can compare? PM me.

Vic

We saw the actual prototype at one of our troops a couple of months ago, it's a very impressive kit.... In terms of cost, well that's not finalised..... it's a matter of waiting buddy and i'm sure as soon as we know in the UK, the rest of the community will know too....

pandatrooper said:
My friend / co-worker is searching for parts for a Vader build, and he asked if I could help in his search.

Anyone know any good resources for a good quality Vader voice changer? He's willing to spend a bit more, and he's entertained the idea of the cheaper ones, but they just don't have the oomph he's looking for. He has a mic and amp / speaker already, so ideally he wants to find a voice changing unit.

I've seen the Hyperdyne one, which seems rather nice but it's also pretty spendy. Any other options worth looking at?

Thanks in advance!

Panda,

I bought this voice changer just to play with and do a little research and development:

--------

It has a pretty good low deep voice that could pass for a vader. It has a crappy speaker and crappy mic. With a little modding i'm sure that a better mic could be used and that you could output to one of my aker voice amps. It might sound decent and be a lot cheaper than a hyperdyne or RomFX. You could also use a cheap mp3 player to loop vader breathing and feed it into the extra input port on the aker voice amps. I am thinking of buying a garrison mates vader so I was looking into this myself...

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working