ATA Helmet Trimming Questions

tedyer

I received my ATA helmet kit last week and I've start to do some of the initial trimming. I've been referring to all of the other threads and they've all bet a tremendous help, but my paranoia in making sure I don't make any drastic mistakes has led me to post this.

Could anyone offer their opinion as to how these penciled trim lines look so far? My plan is to leave a little extra beyond the line just in case. But some of the demarcation between the smooth part and the extra plastic isn't exactly clear to me.

OZ4mjuL.jpgWdaWBuT.jpghBumcpz.jpgZNHwfBK.jpg3twTWCn.jpg4TaBgnh.jpgIEUjpMf.jpgdq7e5I9.jpg

I followed TK4510's move along tutorial for my build. If you follow that, you will be successful. I think it helps to leave more material at the bottom sides of the cap n back. One thing that will help with trimming will be wether you go for a high or low brow. I would suggest clamping the face to the cap through the eyes and see how the sides line up, then trim as needed. I have pics in my build thread that show where I trimmed the cap. I also trimmed the sides of the face a bit to remove the ridge. I removed the top part of the face, as well. I would suggest you leave excess material on the ears if you want a nice tight fit.

My 2 credits!

Looking at your pencil marks I would say;

your back and cap side marks, trim to the forward line first. If any more needs trimming off do so as and when. Once it's gone it's gone.

The brow needs to be higher up, right along the line of the trap.

The eyes I would take a little more away from the bottom outside corner.

But it's all down to personal taste and what you like as much as doing it the 'right' way :)